Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-04-2011, 03:51 PM

Some really good news

This morning the dog trainer who had helped me when Pereg was rather difficult, training me and not her, came round to take us to the Dog Pension where she first went as an emergency due to a sudden hospitalisation on my part, and since goes for Daycare if I am going to be out for more than a few hours.

She is fine left for maybe an hour, but then frets. Not her fault and nothing I can do about it. It is just her nature, probably because she is always with me and I am so rarely out, and she also thinks she is responsible for me. She would have made a wonderful service dog for me had I wanted her trained for that, but she is just my beloved companion, as my little one was. Only Pereg is, I am sure, far more intelligent.

I wanted to go there as they have a huge store and I wanted some things for her, also thought it would be good for her to go in a car again - when the Pension collect her she just hops in the back of their van - in the car she hopped in and sat quietly in the rear footwell..

And I also wanted to get out, having been more-or-less housebound for months, apart from a quick buzz across the road to the little shop on my little scooter, or the run around the Moshav on my big scooter with Pereg - not as often as she would like but as often as I can manage.

She was so good in the car - only about 15 minutes away, and very happy to see her friends again - the owner, his son, and their four dogs! It was also good for me as I had not been off the Moshav for months.

I explained about the Grand Mal seizure she had last Friday and they said no problem, she can still come here for Daycare whenever you want. But the best thing of all was when I asked if they would take her as one of their own in the event of my death or total incapacity, and the answer was of course we will, we love her!

It might sound morbid but I am not young, I am severely disabled, and I needed to know that Pereg would not end up as "what shall we do with the dog" if that makes sense.

I do love her so very much.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 04:18 PM
What nice people. It must be good to know she`ll be cared for if something happens.
But I hope you are around for a long time yet!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-04-2011, 04:57 PM
Isn't it really good news? Firstly that she can go there for Daycare whenever necessary, even though she might have another seizure, although I am praying that it was just a one off, but the main thing is that she will have a home if I die or am totally incapacitated.

It will not be a home as in my bungalow with me, but then I do not think she would bother about that, as she is so happy there with his own dogs, her special "friend" being a massive, fluffy white dog - about four or more times her size, and yet they are great pals when she is there.

She has been spayed so I do not have that to worry about!

I have seen another of his dogs - not sure but think it is a male Beagle, and there is a GSD wandering around which terrified me but not her - and yes, I feel happy and reassured that someone will always look after her and love her if I am not around.

I have seen her there. I know she is happy there. So what more could I ask?

Sometimes I worry that people do not make arrangements for their pets in case of emergencies. Now I know that my girl will always be looked after, cared for, and loved.
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 05:01 PM
I am really pleased for you.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 06:55 PM
That is lovely and must put your mind at ease but I hope you are around for a good few years yet