View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mcv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Warren was an only dog and it never crossed my mind to get him a friend, but warren was such a people dog. Does that make sense?
Toby on the other hand although likes a fuss, he loves to play and interact with other dogs, weather it be with family dogs or at dog training.
Also because he is such a high energy dog with an active mind im wondering if it would stimulate him more.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 08:20 PM
I think my dogs would definately have suffered more if they were alone whilst I went to work. Jed was the only one who was raised as an only dog and he was very destructive in the house. I think other canine company is great for dogs but you have to work extra hard to give them important one to one time as well.
Lizzie-301
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2011, 08:24 PM
My first dog isn't too impressed with our second one, but they do play together when let off the lead in the park, but at home they lead separate lives and I have to split keep them apart when I'm not around as he sometimes goes for her when she gets on his nerves.

I think it depends on the personality of the dog, as my first dog likes his own space whereas my second dog loves the company.
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-03-2011, 08:39 PM
I think i'd wonder what to do with all my spare time if i went back to having just one dog
Willow was 6yrs old when we got Skye as a puppy, and everyone was worried that Willow wouldn't like another dog in her house as she had been the centre of our universe for 6yrs!! but she readily accepted Skye, and they became quite close..........then 16 months ago, we adopted Drift and he settled into our furry family very nicely we were a bit concerned about Skye accepting him because she can be a typical bossy collie girl (all teeth and knickers!) but they are so close, always lay together, play and love each other i would have another one, but hubby says NO, threes enough

Jann xxx
DexNjj
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-04-2011, 10:26 PM
My dog made puppies with a friend's bitch, so I got one of the puppies. It's great because I don't have to worry about them being lonely if I am gone. I did have to watch them carefully for the first month or so, occasionally reminding the dog to be gentle with the puppy. I would recommend supervising them until the old dog gets used to the new dog and making a point to separate them occasionally so the old dog isn't overwhelmed with having a puppy bouncing all over the place.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3