View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Never met another Moon and unlikely to I think (especially the vietnamese word rather than the lunar body).

Never met another Cain but have seen a few online, mostly GSDs, but spelt different like Kane or Kayne.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Have met another Kiri (although it was short for Daquiri - part of it's KC name) - mine was named after a French cheese! (Kiri Poche - a type of Babybel). A few Milo's, another Guy, definitely other Gem's but never another Rowan. I prefer proper names (rather than things) but my friend has a Dice, a Teak and a Quiz, which are all quite unusual and I've got used to them now. Another friend has named her puppy Switch which I don't particularly like but I bet there aren't many of those around!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Never met another Moon and unlikely to I think (especially the vietnamese word rather than the lunar body).

Never met another Cain but have seen a few online, mostly GSDs, but spelt different like Kane or Kayne.
Attila (who does HTM) has a Moon and Celt was going to be and there was a successful Moon in working trials.

I love it for a name.

rune
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 03:30 PM
my mum has a gsd called kaine, i havent met another but as you said moons mum a few online.

ty i didnt meet another ty untill my dog was about 4 then it was a staffie, but i only knew his name as his owner was shouting him, and then when i moved through here and joined my training class at the time there was another gsd called ty although i think it was spelt differently lol

xeva, i havent met another dog but i know there is at least one other dog on here with that name but spelt correctly ziva
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Jacob gets called Jake, and since I've had him, every other dog we meet seems to be called Jake.

Never met another Simon though.
boxergoggins
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Have never met another dog called "Thor" in my area!!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 04:30 PM
We once met another Monty across the fields and it was very confusing! The other lady's dog was a weimeraner and both her dog and Monty were chasing each other round for a bit then she carried on walking and when she got to the end of the field she shouted her dog and Monty went with the other dog back to her which isn't unusual!!

So I then called Monty back by name to me and her dog came running back with my Monty as well. This went on a couple of times and eventually I walked back towards her and she did the same meeting in the middle and I said "i'll put Monty on the lead for five minutes so you can get out the field" and she said "ohhh mine is called Monty as well!" and commented that it was no wonder the dogs were confused!!
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Never met another Scoop.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by boxergoggins View Post
Have never met another dog called "Thor" in my area!!
There's one in mine - my trainer owns him!
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Loads!!!! there are an awful lot of dogs called Merlin in the world, especially in this area - in fact there are people called Merlin round here, too!

But I don't know many called Rue.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >