Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2007, 05:51 PM

Myschievous - wound needing stitches? Loki may have something similar

Mys - did Keena's wound need stitches or is it healing okay?

Loki has suffered something that sounds similar on one of his legs. It happened during the pacing routine while he was post-ictal. It is a clean hole that appears to go down to what looks like muscle. It is bleeding a little as he moves about but not profusely.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2007, 02:05 PM
Ohhh no. What's with it with these dogs and their war wounds!

Can you see if it is definitly right down to muscle? How wide would you say it is?

With Keena's you can clearly see the muscle - If you imagine a cigar burn but with out the burn it looks like that - perfect round circle right through all the skin.

We haven't gotten it stiched...it hasn't gotten infected and it 'looks' to be doing ok. She is wearing a tee shirt so that it isn't restricted from the air but so it's still covered from dirt. But hers is going to take a long while before I don't have to worry about her knocking it or anything to set it back.

where abouts on the leg is Loki's cut?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2007, 02:56 PM
How did Keena take to being clothed?

Loki's sounds very similar in appearance but it's on his right leg, sort of on the side of the knee. I've been washing it and using a padded bandage with an ankle support tube over it but I've left it airing today. It weeps only a little.

There doesn't seem to be any infection so I guess I'll keep an eye on it.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Keena is ok with the tee shirt really it's just me finding it irritating! She is much worse if she has to have something on her paws etc.

She is just itching to wrestle and play though that's the hard part and I want to take her for a run...I am as bad as they are and impatient. But if she knocks that or has something scratch or scrape it, it will set it right back. It's so prominent right there on her side.

Best wishes for Loki and his latest war wound!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2007, 09:36 PM
You too mate . I hope Keena's soon back up and at 'em.

It's funny - when they are pups they are soooooo cute and perfect you just can't imagine them having knocks and bruises or scars or anything. I'm kinda getting used to it now.