Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 10:27 AM

Run in with the BC owner again, and a nice owner

We saw the BC owner again from my other thread http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=80507

His dog was off lead and about 10-12 metres away from him. He didn't make any move to call his dog back as we approached (we were very visible), nor go towards him to put him on the lead.

I stopped to pick up a poo (Max likes to keep on the move as he poo's ) and watched out of one eye.

All the dogs met, sniffed, and Murphy and the BC started to play nicely... lots of spinning round and jumping up and down.

All of a sudden, the guy rushed up, grabbed the BC, clipped his lead on and held it really tightly, taking the BC's front legs of the floor. He pushed Murphy away (not aggressively) and almost scurried away from us!

Very strange!!

However, on the way back, we met a lovely lady with 5 dogs out with her

1 springer, and 3 balck labs and 1 puppy flatcoat who is 4 months old. All off the lead, all very well behaved and Max and Murphy had a whale of a time!

The puppy (Bobbi) got told off by Max for biting his jowls; Max flipped him over and then let her go. I was waiting for the owner to make a comment, but all she said was "serves her right, she won't do it again, she's such a menace to other dogs!"....

So there are nice dog owners where I live after all!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 10:51 AM
I feel sorry for that BC, I really do, Skye's played with an Irish Wolfhound last week, and she ended more on the deck than she did on her feet....although he was very very gentle with Bruce. Skye came away with the BIGGEST of grins on her face, her tongue hanging down, panting like mad, but looking at me as if to say 'that was great mum'.
Thats what it's all about, you wouldn't drag your kids away from the playground because others are playing, so why drag the dogs away. Reah grabs Bruce by the nose when he plays her up, but I don't interfer, she knows what she's doing, just telling him off as grumpy gran does. She NEVER hurts him, as he never yelps, she just holds him down, than when she lets go....he behaves around her.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 10:54 AM
that poor bc!!!!!!

glad to hear max and murphy had a good time!
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 10:58 AM
What a shame the poor dog

Glad the boys had a really good time it's lovely when they meet new friends xx
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 11:00 AM
The poor BC makes me wonder if this dog will end up with problem behaviour if the owner carries on like this with him.
Glad you had fun with the 5 dogs
That's good to hear re the pup too, I say the same with Mya, she has to learn not to bounce all over other doggies and I've no problem with another dog telling her off
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 11:06 AM
My friend has just left with her Springer pup, she's a bit wary with other dogs but has had a lovely play session with my youngest Beardie Zymi. Zymi was so sweet with her yesterday Kirsty squealed a bit but today she was fine and ended up playing tuggy with her ownwer while Zymi played tuggy with her other hand

If only we were closer so they could meet more often. It's so important to give pups good experiences with other dogs. My older boy is over friendly so we kept him on lead.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Oooooooo a puppy Flat Coat!!!!!!!!!

Glad you met someone nice.
I suspect, sadly that the way the man is going with his BC, it will be him putting his dog on a lead in the future because he has given it 'issues' with other dogs. How sad.