Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Can i ask a question please?
Of course..
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Show dogs and those there DO cope, its those that have behavioural issues that dont, and of course they wouldnt be taken anyway. I cant ever recall seeing a "stressed" dog there, ever.
Dawn, a dog that has been lying down for ages and that is panting is either too hot or stressed.

Of course...
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-01-2011, 08:21 PM
of course you cant!
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Ive said it on here before, but every year my biggest thrill & PRIDE, is walking MY DOG on the walk from the car park to the halls.

After all those years going dogless, to then be taking MY DOG makes me so proud!!!!!

i hope i never lose that feeling!
I hope to be able to feel that one day, just need a decent dog lol and one who either is show standard ( we are not far off that one), good at obedience or agility sadly Zeita had other plans
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Ive said it on here before, but every year my biggest thrill & PRIDE, is walking MY DOG on the walk from the car park to the halls.

After all those years going dogless, to then be taking MY DOG makes me so proud!!!!!

i hope i never lose that feeling!
Best feeling eeever..Along with watching pups you have bred doing well to....Knowing that they were born into the world through a well planned mating, from parents with fab tempermants and the best of health, raised with lots of love and care...Hard to believe if their being shown at crufts mind.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
The BBC didn't "drop"the coverage, Crufts ended their frachise to cover the show after the BBC wanted to dictate what breeds could take part-please get your"facts"straight.

The online Obedience coverage is far batter than anything the BBC has ever done as you have a chance to see ALL the dogs competing & not just the bits the BBC think Joe Public want to see
I agree the online coverage is better than anything the BBC showed.

Agility, obedience, heel work to music and the full group judging. Brilliant

Just to add the year they were saying St Bernard's should not be allowed to show at Crufts they were placing one in a story line at Eastenders.
bijou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:31 PM
nope - not going to do this anymore - BORING !!! -

you don't like dog shows ?- fine don't go -you think getting a pedigree dog is
only for folk who ''know no better " ? then get a designer cross breed instead - quite frankly I just don't care !

I'm through with this nonsense !!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Best feeling eeever..Along with watching pups you have bred doing well to....Knowing that they were born into the world through a well planned mating, from parents with fab tempermants and the best of health, raised with lots of love and care...Hard to believe if their being shown at crufts mind.
Im sure some of Mavs Kids will be going in the future, they are fantastic!

Mav & his mum will be competing against each other this year in the World cup (mav for Wales, Dizzy for England) Got to be the best day for Mavs breeder!
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Why is does Crufts bring so many folk together with their dogs(which is what it's all about)n why all the controversey(sp?) if ultimately all the folk there(or if not why) love dogs? It is age old and has always been a big highlight n recognition for many, but marred and has had impact for some. Sorry another daft question n to ramble, again.
Many thanks
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Actually - Crufts can say what they like about the reason that the BBC dropped it like a hot potato, and say that the franchise was ended by themselves etc. etc.

The sight of that little Pekinese toiling around the ring whilst struggling to breathe, and then actually WINNING Best in Show sickened me, and thousands like me. This incident sparked a great deal of unveiling of certain aspects of some dog breeders that was less than palatable to put it mildly. The BBC forthwith made an announcement that it would not be broadcasting future shows from Crufts.

Oh - and I believe that Pedigree Chum pulled out of sponsorship for the same reasons, although I have not looked into this one to verify why they scarpered.
Pedigree chum scarpered for marketing purposes. They are one and the same company as Royal Canin who still provide sponcership but are not the main ones anymore
Page 9 of 103 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 59 > Last »