Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I was really cross when I heard about that, very dangerous situation for the dogs to be in, what a shame Crufts caused it.
Your heads getting deeper into that sand.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I don't think that anyone is disputing the fact that huge numbers of people and their dogs have a great deal of fun, and gain great satisfaction from showing. Also, until relatively recently, many more people loved to watch Crufts which is what this thread is about.

Crufts should be a shining example to the breeding/showing world, and perhaps it used to be once, but no longer. How can it hold it's head high and say "aspire to be a Champion here" when a Best in Show nearly collapsed after walking around the ring at a painfully slow pace and was subsequently declared by a Vet to be almost unable to breathe? (This due to breeding to produce the "perfect" squashed face). Further back down the line in qualifying classes, this may have been swept under the carpet and few would have known - but the fact is a Judge at the most prestigious show in the world declared this little dog the winner above all others. Further revelations came out following the shock of this win...........some judges had been convicted of cruelty to their own dogs; one made the lame excuse that she just didn't have the time to look after them. Yet Crufts use these judges.

It is a huge shame that they are now reduced to using furniture retailers - Pedigree used to be proud to put the winning dog on their adverts, but you didn't see them for dust after that damaging year.

They will have to work very very hard to regain the respect of a great many people.
They arent "reduced" to using a furniture retailer Its a far bigger worldwide company than EVER before. Pedigree wanted out, unfortunately their "ploy" didnt come off and instead of the great fantastic company they were, they have fizzled out. They wanted to market the PET trade as other companies had taken their profits and they were losing money.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Im not! im showing you a comparable, or are you against everything people do with their dogs?

Erm, tiring perhaps?
God no, I love tricks and fun dog shows etc. A great day out for all, not something I see Crufts as anymore I'm afraid.

Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I don't think that anyone is disputing the fact that huge numbers of people and their dogs have a great deal of fun, and gain great satisfaction from showing. Also, until relatively recently, many more people loved to watch Crufts which is what this thread is about.

Crufts should be a shining example to the breeding/showing world, and perhaps it used to be once, but no longer. How can it hold it's head high and say "aspire to be a Champion here" when a Best in Show nearly collapsed after walking around the ring at a painfully slow pace and was subsequently declared by a Vet to be almost unable to breathe? (This due to breeding to produce the "perfect" squashed face). Further back down the line in qualifying classes, this may have been swept under the carpet and few would have known - but the fact is a Judge at the most prestigious show in the world declared this little dog the winner above all others. Further revelations came out following the shock of this win...........some judges had been convicted of cruelty to their own dogs; one made the lame excuse that she just didn't have the time to look after them. Yet Crufts use these judges.

It is a huge shame that they are now reduced to using furniture retailers - Pedigree used to be proud to put the winning dog on their adverts, but you didn't see them for dust after that damaging year.

They will have to work very very hard to regain the respect of a great many people.
Good post! I love the idea of what Crufts ''could'' be, I just know it will never happen because the greed and show biz of it all has taken over now.

I'm strongly against international competitors being allowed to enter. I mean wasn't fabulous willy (RiP) from abroad and handled by someone who was not his owner all in a bid to increase his chances of winning? What is that all about!?!?!?!?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Your heads getting deeper into that sand.

Ignorance is bliss...
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:14 PM
God no, I love tricks and fun dog shows etc. A great day out for all, not something I see Crufts as anymore I'm afraid.
You'd have to watch first, thats the key. Those are the bits I tend not to watch.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:15 PM
How do the dogs cope? Most fun dog shows I have attended do not have benching areas, also most being outside with no shade.. But I spose as any dogs can enter no dog is suffering..

see where I am going with that...
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post

Ignorance is bliss...
lmao! Sure is Dawn - shame really!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
How do the dogs cope? Most fun dog shows I have attended do not have benching areas, also most being outside with no shade.. But I spose as any dogs can enter no dog is suffering..

see where I am going with that...
Show dogs and those there DO cope, its those that have behavioural issues that dont, and of course they wouldnt be taken anyway. I cant ever recall seeing a "stressed" dog there, ever.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Can i ask a question please?
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Ive said it on here before, but every year my biggest thrill & PRIDE, is walking MY DOG on the walk from the car park to the halls.

After all those years going dogless, to then be taking MY DOG makes me so proud!!!!!

i hope i never lose that feeling!
Page 8 of 103 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 58 > Last »