View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 04:49 PM

Look What My Nieghbours Found In Their Shed This Afternoon!

No sign of mum, they felt guilty about leaving them in there (I did say maybe they should have left them as she may go back) because it's absolutely freezing out there so they are now being hand reared by me. I'll keep you updated with their progress. Jess as usual is absolutely delighted

Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 04:51 PM
awwwwww cute
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 05:00 PM
awww how lucky, please watch out for mum though as she will do a much better job than any hand rearing, and then maybe bring them all inside.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Aww bless what a shame, the mother may of gone hunting or locked in the house and may come back, she will probably make a lot of noise if she returns, hope they are re-united.
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 06:30 PM
I can't see the pictures What did they find??!!!
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 06:34 PM
I think its a little kitten, bless
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-03-2007, 06:49 PM
Nicci, unless you've done this successfully before, have a word with your vet (by phone, you might get the advice free ) because kittens are extremely vulnerable at that size, and can pop their clogs without apparent effort, which is very distressing, not just for kids. Mrs S and I tried to rescue an abandoned kitten a few years back: despite our best efforts, it died after about a week. The only consolation was that it died warm and well-fed. The downside was that we had grown far more fond of it than we had intended to.

Snorri
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
Nicci, unless you've done this successfully before, have a word with your vet (by phone, you might get the advice free ) because kittens are extremely vulnerable at that size, and can pop their clogs without apparent effort, which is very distressing, not just for kids. Mrs S and I tried to rescue an abandoned kitten a few years back: despite our best efforts, it died after about a week. The only consolation was that it died warm and well-fed. The downside was that we had grown far more fond of it than we had intended to.

Snorri
This is very true, the death rate for hand reared kittens from that age is higher than you would expect. They need mum.

Catsey would be a good place for advice. :smt002
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 07:07 PM
awwww

good luck with it