Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2023, 07:31 AM

Troublesome Thursday 30th November 2023

Morning all. Yep I am still having tele signal problems. Anyway that is a small worry compared to some things going on in the world. Hope you all had a good evening and all have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-11-2023, 08:44 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Very cold, bright and frosty here today.
Gorden has gone to sort the mot out on the Insignia honestly what a nightmare that has been.
When he is back I am popping out to take Bev to post some parcels and sit with Boo in the car.
We may pop and get a cuppa somewhere or back to Bev's for a catch up.

brenda I hope the tele issues get sorted. We used to get weather issues when we lived at Upwell, it is so annoying.

Sue I hope the roads haven't been too dreadful today.
Chris do you have a place for breakfast where you can sit inside with Ted now the weather is getting colder.
griff I hope you are feeling as well as you can.
Kazz have a nice dy whatever you do.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2023, 09:31 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn

Hope tv issues are son sorted

Well done to you and Gorden on getting Brewster so far. Hope the walks are helping to calm him down a bit.

Not on duty this morning so no. ice on the roads. Teazle walked and some washing done. Just going to pop to chemist for our porescriptions.

The sage of Ben's car is doing my head din. He has sold his so cannot use it now so will be using mine in the interim. He cannot make his mind up between a BMW 2 grand tourer with 31,00 on the clock and 2019 or a X-Trail with 46000 and 2017. Both Barry and I are in agreement with the BMW as year and miles are in his favour but it is really up to him. There is only £400 difference in price.

Take care everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-11-2023, 09:38 AM
Lovely to have a day off Sue.
Oh dear it's bad enough for ourselves trying to find the right car but when others bring you into what to choose its mind blowing.
Hopefully Ben will make the right choice and soon.

Thank you still a bit of a way to go we are now hitting the hormonal stage as well. The walks are beginning to help alongside the cbd and hemp oil and other bits and pieces being used to try to calm him enough to start taking in the training.
I think it will still be hard till he can have access to the garden at free will and we can start letting him off lead in a hired field for a few weeks to get that pent up energy out of his system.
We can start to see the wood for the trees, but it is still very much one step forward two steps back at the moment.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2023, 09:55 AM
Good morning all

Just off to a garden centre/farm shop well more maybe of a mini shopping outlet catching up with a couple of friends there as well. Its cold but nice day so happy to be pottering out.

Brenda Eggghhhh I would hate that sort of thing for reception even if nothing I wanted to watch it would annoy the begajus out of me not being able to LOL

Lynn Every mornig is another day closer and it will all be worth it in the end imagine if you were just starting on the road now......the hired field is a good one. Do you have anyone you know with a calmer sort of dog to get Brewster back into doggie world as the consultant suggested?
Good luck with the MOT were or are you selling one or have Iimagined that?

Sue From just what you have written I would go with BMW however maybe your lads will be made up when someone buys the other or maybe both are sold and his search starts again which may make him more active in his buying. He is lucky to have your car but that obviously I would think cannot go on without an end in sight.

Griff Have a great day if the weather there is like here you will be seeing sunshine now even if not feeling it in the shade.

Chris Dave well cards written presents wrapped = or are they? Hope you have a nice breakfast out and Dave makes it through to the end and home again.
Did you ever sell your "for the sea" scooters? I seem to have lost track.

Right off I go, catch you all later enjoy your day people.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-11-2023, 10:52 AM
Morning Kazz.
Enjoy your day out.
Yes we know someone with 4 Bernese and we can borrow her field if needed and when Brewster can be re-introduced to older quieter dogs she has 2.
I think he will be the culprit for instigating trouble.

Car passed on re-test. Not selling or buying at the moment Kazz happy with the cars so far so after all the previous drama I think we will give that a miss for now.
You are thinking about when we had all the car trouble I expect.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2023, 03:07 PM
Good afternoon all

Had the 'runs' for a couple of days so no outings and no further forward with the card writing.

The cafe in the village allows dogs inside Lynn but unless the weather is very bad, we sit outside. The outside has a conservatory roof like canopy so we are mainly protected from the worst of the weather

In town there are a couple of cafes that allows them in or the pub that also does breakfasts so we never stick fast

It's nice to see you back Lynn. I imagine both you and Brewster are relieved at being able to go out for walks - albeit small ones
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-11-2023, 04:49 PM
Feel better soon Chris.
You're very brave sitting in the cold eating breakfast.

We are relieved we can start going for walks but we have noticed he is limping on the back right leg, he was stiff on it when we went for the consult that's why we agreed to the x-ray.
We weren't overly concerned and the consultant did say he may need hip replacement in the future but it would be a wait and watch game.
This breed isn't hip scored till a year old due to nothing fitting right before then, I am a little concerned at the limp.
We could not put him through another operation yet and the hip replacement would require 6-8 weeks cage or pen rest, knowing how he has been with this operation it doesn't bear thinking about.
We are hoping it might be due to lack of exercise and muscle, if it doesn't improve we will have to see about anti inflammatories as harsh as it may sound we can't go through this again.
I do know someone who was advised for their youngster a few years back hip replacement on both hips would be needed, she said no and kept her dog on supplements and her dog pulled a cart when old enough.

I am now stressing what have we done, it seems none of the others 8 of them have issues not yet anyway so why is Brewster getting it all ?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2023, 05:22 PM
Aw Lynn, that would just be so unfair for Brewster

Poor lad, it seems it never rains but pours

At least if he does need an op eventually, he will be older and more able to cope with rest

Build that muscle tone slowly and hopefully if will be nothing more than a scare
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-11-2023, 06:34 PM
Thanks Chris already researching braces and exercise.
You can brace the legs which allows them to walk further without pain and it seems exercise is the key for youngsters who for whatever reason have not had adequate exercise.
That fits the bill for Brewster to a T. We shall continue with walking as much as he can manage and he started Arnica 30c in drops when he got home, so I'm hoping alongside that we can gradually build up the time for walking and the muscle which he is sadly lacking at the moment.

He isn't showing symptoms of not jumping just now he had himself except his back legs which were supporting him on my lap in my face for a cuddle.
He doesn't object to us touching or rubbing his hips, he does click a little when walking but isn't lame on rising and is very happy to play.
So fingers crossed we can get through this slowly and easily.

It is one step forward and 2 or more steps back at the moment. I need a slight incline to walk him up and down to build those muscles. Unfortunately the fens are flat.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >