Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2023, 07:29 AM

Sunny Saturday 11th November 2023

Morning all. Well it very frosty this morning. Amazing. I love the frosty weather. The sun is shining too. I got a shock yesterday when I went to the post office to post a calendar to New Zealand. They wanted £15 to send it or if I bent it in half then it would be £7.50 as it would then go through there gadget for sizing. If I sent it by sea it would get there in 40 days and still cost £12. I decided not to send it and find something smaller. Hope you all have a good day.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-11-2023, 08:49 AM
try posting anything to Brazil then. Sue tried posting a card and a small book or something and the Brazilian post office wanted £95 to deliver. Needless to say they didn't get paidand had the card back.
Brazil a beautiful country only spoilt by the greed of its inhabitants.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-11-2023, 09:38 AM
Morning brenda, Barry and all to follow.
Sunny here today.
Have everything crossed for around 11 am Brewsters stitches coming out only 2 but we need positive vibes for him being good please.
(I hope they are healed enough to come out) cannot see why not it's the 10th day.

Same as posting anything to Madrid now you have to say whats in the parcel so no more Christmas surprises or Birthday surprises some things are hard to describe by not describing them.
Cannot send chocolate or anything with dairy in it, cannot send Bovril which they all love when on their New Year skiing trips.
Plus it costs the earth and takes ages more than the recommended time to arrive I have had parcels take 2 or more months to arrive.
It was never this difficult before Brexit.

I hope everyone is well today and you all have nice weather to enjoy.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2023, 11:42 AM
Morning all
Same here, sending to the republic of Ireland, customs charges at their end too. Depending on what you are sending, cheaper to get a cheap flight and go!
Good luck Brewster, hope all goes well!
Well, dad went out drinking last night with his friends, mum went to get her washing and she said the linen basket is full of his stuff, she said do I need to do it?? I just said up to her but no. She text him and said she would do him instructions for the machine and tumble dryer if he wanted, he text back o.k, thanks. After a while, another text came....I thought I was going to have to go to the river and bash it with a rock, she was going to reply and I just said "do you want to be getting into a text conversation with him?....just ignore it" he then text back again after a while, do you want me to move out but if I do I can't afford bills plus rent.......mum just told him to do what he wants as she can cover the bills. She's not being accused of chucking him out.., again..,she never chucked him out before, he chose to leave. I think he thinks that she needs him, she honestly doesn't, she certainly doesn't need his attitude and moods.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-11-2023, 12:18 PM
Morning griff. I would have said yes use a rock and the river.
A friend of mine when I was a teenager had a mum and dad who were divorced but neither could afford a place on their own.
He had to do his own cooking and washing she did nothing for him, she had a pull out sofa bed in the living room and he had the bedroom and they both rubbed along that way for years.
Eventually I cannot remember whether he died or left but at some point he wasn't there and Kim was working as well as her mum and they sold the flat they lived in and bought a house together.
Kim had left and been married but she married a man the same as her dad and her mum spotted it quickly gave her the chat and she moved back home with her little girl and never looked back.
I lost contact with her a long time ago but they were both happy and moved on quickly your mums got this especially with you helping her.

Brewsters stitches out there were only 2 as thought. He asked if he is bitey we said he can be so the vet took him and checked if it was ok to muzzle we said yes but he has never been muzzled before.
I sat with my ears covered, I didn't want to hear him cry if the stitches hurt then before we could turn around he was back and the stitches were out and I asked was he good and he said yes he was.
I am so relieved that job is out of the way just another 18 days on lead in the garden to toilet then fingers crossed he is signed off and normal life can begin to resume and Brewster can start to live his life.
He weighed 41.9 kgs today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2023, 12:35 PM
Lynn, knew he would be a good boy, often...the bitey can just be towards owners, my cat was a nightmare for biting when I tried to give him medicine, for the vets...angel!!! Stitches should never hurt coming out, if they do, they have been tied too tightly and you would have realised before now....I have only had that once and it wasn't my usual vet and I knew the day after surgery they were tight as I could see them cutting in! Pleased that bit is over for you all.
Mum was going to say she wanted to bash his head in with a rock lol. I have just typed out an idiots guide to washing machine, tumble dryer and iron, if he can't figure it out....oh well!
I haven't seen him for a week except for CCTV ...even though we live in the same house, and haven't spoken to him for a week....I have told my mum whatever she wants is fine by me, worse case scenario the house would have to be sold and us move, neither of us have any real attachment to this house anymore, lately it's just full of bad memories.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2023, 02:30 PM
Good afternoon all

Lovely, sunny day here. Just our same old, same old so nothing much to say about it

Lynn, I'm so glad that Brewster is progressing well in his recovery. 18 days will seem like a lifetime just now, but they will soon pass - promise.

Kelly, you could well do without the stress all around you now. Hopefully. mum and dad will resolve their issues in the not too distant future one way or another and you can all get on with a quieter life

Frosty mornings look brilliant don't they Brenda. However, I don't like being out in them - brrrrrrrrrrrr

I thought posting here was extortionate, but wow!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2023, 02:31 PM
Good afternoon all

Been pottering today moving furniture and decided on a whim I do not like the wallpaper I put up in the little bedroom so stripped it now to get something else. Hmmm descisions and then work for myself....Oh humm no rush.

Maybe tun into a little office as I am not not sure how and when I agreed LOL but find myself doing some volounteer work for the local cat rescue which I managed to reunite with when dontating some stuff. Turns out one of its orginal ladies was the lady I got my Oscar and Cleo from all those years ago. That lady has since passed away but Lynn who runs it remembers her well. So doing some admin work for them not much doing with SBT rescue at the moment, the odd homecheck etc, but Leics not currently taking in dogs as everyone got old and then covid.

Anyhow made a cottage pie and having it for dinner with carrots and gravy nice warming choice me thinks.

Lynn So pleased all went well in stitches removal 18 days is a brilliant way to say it half way there after the weekend sure Brewster will be fine until then. This time next year all will be forgotten. Hope Gorden not too achey this morning.

Brenda HaVe you seen H.Potter on this afternoon imagine you have. I have to post cards to Canada and USA will take a chair to sit down on when I go. LOL

Griff You will both get through this fine you have each other.

Sue Are you stil on for the day out tomorrow or is it today?

Chris How is the wrapping coming on and when you have finished check you still can see Ted or no moving packages
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2023, 02:47 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Good boy Brewster. 18 days will soon pas Lynn so grit your teeth and carry on.

Poor mum and you Kelly hope things are soon resolved ne way or another and you get the peace youth deserve

Enjoy watching Harry Potter Brenda

Good luck with the wallpaper choosing Kazz.

Chris I expect your trips out now are a lot quieter without the caravaners.

Frosty here too this morning but lovely and sunny now. Yes we made it to Sheffield Park this morning and I think that this weekend will be the last for the best colours. Leaves were falling like snow.

Take care everyone
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2023, 07:48 PM
Yep watched Harry and as usual a few tears. Now the voice is on.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >