Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2023, 07:23 AM

Flip its Friday 10th November 2023

Morning all. Yep it is Friday and for the first time this autumn/winter the temp has dropped in here to 18.5 which is a bit worrying as it means putting the heating on for a bit. But as the forecast is for sunny spells today and all day tomorrow it won't have to be put on. I did wonder though if that was why I couldn't sleep last night as had cold feet so must fish out my thermal socks for bedtime. Hm maybe a wee willie winky hat too? Have a good day everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2023, 08:38 AM
Morning Brenda
I think it was supposed to be 10 degrees or something here yesterday, it was flipping chilly at about 3pm when I was I the garden.
Have a parcel arriving today from temu, I don't use their app, website only and use PayPal so don't have to give my card details, got some sensor lights for Steve, we have them here in the front and back porch....they are rechargeable and magnetic, I have got them for his stairs as he never has lights on in his house ( he doesn't like lights....weirdo) and I am tired of nearly falling down the stairs when I visit
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-11-2023, 09:43 AM
the oak trees in our garden are now turning brown, so looks as if it will soon be leaf blower time again.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2023, 10:23 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope you managed a walk in the dry this morning Brenda

Well done Kelly. Ben an I tiled his kitchen we had fun using an angle grinder with me holding the tile and him cutting. A bit dangerous but the finish in then was good for two people who had never done it before and I am sure once grouted yours will look good too.

Dry rn this morning to school but by the time I got home it was tipping it down again. Been to the library and housework done.Coffee now before lunch

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-11-2023, 10:35 AM
Morning brenda, griff, Barry and all to follow.
Brightish and chilly morning here.
Poor Gorden has taken a tumble, took Brewster out in the garden (again) as he was restless and pacing and whining.
Seems to be finding it hard to settle, he had a Windeze earlier and a big burp, still restless so backed up the same as I did with Dillon a Gaviscon then a stretch of the legs around the garden.
Well Brewster went round one side of the arch Gorden the other and before we knew it they were both flying up the garden, Gorden eventually let go out garden is by no means big, Brewster cam back to me while Gorden was jumping over flower pots et., before coming to agentle rest on th patio.
His wrist was already sore and I have bad fingers due to him pulling like a steam train out of the door.
We are doing all the usual sit, wait, mind games, small amounts of training indoors but he isn't in the least focused and so pent up I would say almost to the point of being neurotic.
So little exercise and now trapped in the bungalow and no freedom even in the garden, nothing goes in or stays in.
He is off the Trazadone but has had hepur sulph for the itching and I gave in and gave him a Piriton this morning to help too.
He slept really well last night Gorden said but is so pent up today, hoping there isn't still some Trazadone left in his system to interact with the Piriton but the scratching has to be brought under control for all our sanity.
He has also started the bach pet rescue remedy to help calm him.
A hat with the vet tomorrow stitches out day. Goodness knows how that is going to go dreading it.

griff he has two stitches two small incisions one where the arthroscopic camera went in and the other where the tool we think went in to remove the piece of cartilage. The top of the shoulder is the offending site but he has started scratching the back of his leg which hasn't been shaved or had anything done to it.

griff well done on the tiling I don't think your dad has any right to criticise your work.
brenda hoping the weather warms up so you don't have to turn the heating on.
Sue I hope the roads have been kinder to you today.
Kazz enjoy your day.
Chris next February is quite a way off but at least you know it will be done and when.
I hope the eye is feling comfortable still.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2023, 11:28 AM
Lynn, hope Gorden will be o.k and hasn't broken anything. Do you think a call to the vets and explain what's going on and see if they can offer anything else? I use acp but it does make them a bit wobbly so don't know if they would prescribe that.
Sue, I will send an angle grinder initially but yesterday used a proper tile cutter which was much better. I did have a head start with the angle grinder.....I used them at work.
Barry, have fun with the blower lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-11-2023, 11:44 AM
Thank you griff Gorden is fine now nothing is broken.
We are at the vet tomorrow stitches removal so will mention to them the issue. If we can though we would prefer more natural methods if they will work although they do take a bit more time to get into the system.
He has had another 4 drops of rescue remedy for pets and seems to be more settled in fact sleeping. I will administer that 4 times a day for as long as it takes as he is allowed it 4 times daily.
Could be the piriton kicking in too.
We have to keep reminding ourselves when normal life starts not even resume in his case due to the issues and waiting for appointments it will all improve.

We just had to laugh which makes a change. So earlier as he was settling down, dogs barking over the park, we are leaving the patio door on the crack so it doesn't get too hot for him.
Then the postman, then the bin man and just now a bird flew into the door where he was sleeping.
I said to Gorden it's like someone is sitting up there throwing us a curve ball as soon as he settles.
Gorden said cue dogs stopped barking, send the postman now he has moved on oh lets get the bin men round and then a bird fly into the door.

You couldn't make this up.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2023, 04:49 PM
Good afternoon all.

Dry here this morning, the eye has stopped feeling gritty and I can see again so we enjoyed our outing. I has rained this afternoon, but it's better to watch it from indoors than be out in it

As I really want to see my sister, we are going to attempt the Christmas run this year so I really must try to get some presents wrapped as we will go towards the end of November so the weather doesn't catch us out (hopefully). Present wrapping and Ted - wish me luck everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-11-2023, 05:56 PM
Glad the eye is feeling comfortable Chris and that you enjoyed a trip out.
Good luck with the Christmas wrapping and Ted.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2023, 07:33 PM
Lol Chris, just make sure you don't wrap Ted!!!
Spoke to my uncle today who thinks my dad has completely lost the plot, he is literally gobsmacked at his behaviour.
He has text my mum this evening asking to have his bus pass put on the stairs....he has gone out drinking, I did make sure he got on the bus but obviously I can't do anything about him going to see that slapper after. It's now nearly a week since I have spoken to him and I got up this morning and it was like a huge weight was lifted from me, I no longer care about him, what he thinks of me and I don't have to walk on egg shells wondering what mood he will be in when he gets home etc. I got the messages from him and her printed incase my mum needs a solicitor but apparently it's not like that with divorce anymore, well, he won't get away Scott free and I doubt he will get to finalise his divorce. Mums changing the beneficiary of the life insurance policies to me, she pays them so she said he wants him and my brother to get nothing