Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2023, 07:17 AM

Thinking Thursday 9th November 2023

Morning all. Pleased to hear Ted likes the food but don't buy too many tins as knowing dogs they suddenly say nope don't like it any more. Good to hear car behaving now Kazz. Kelly hope you get to do the tiles. You are an amazing woman you know with what you do. Hope Brewster is getting along well Lynn. Sue hope all the roadworks are sorted soon. Nothing worse. Round here it stops all the buses getting on time because of detours. Especially when they don't tell people where the diversions are? Hope you all have a good day.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2023, 09:28 AM
Morning Brenda and all who potter on after us.

Brenda I hope the hospital recall is simply a double check or cyst but always better to go for the mamogram.

Right bit of late brekkie and then whoosh I am off. Catch you all later

Opps Chris Have you tried chappie?I brought Gert on occasion once we had stblised her with the "allergy" Butchers Tripe and Chappie she loved them mind you she also like forthglade we just avoided chicken.

Hope you are all well and having a great week.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-11-2023, 09:41 AM
Morning brenda, Kazz and all to follow.
Sunny this morning yesterday was wet.
Didn't get on yesterday Brewster started showing some worrying signs Tuesday, very restless and some intermittent fly snapping.
Lots of cuddling on the futon we bought indoors.
Yesterday it was worse so restless fly snapping worse, I had to get some shopping and popped in to see Bev for a cuppa and catch up.
Brewster got worse during the day, and even worse after his tea at 7pm which had the second dose of Trazodone.
This morning he has not had the Trazodone and although a bit restless no fly snapping, now calmer.
He is very itchy on his shoulder and keeping him scratching is a full time job. I have ordered some vet grade spray to help stop the itching and also have some sulphur 30c coming and some Bach flower remedy to try in the next couple of days s we still have 3 weeks till he is hopefully signed off and on lead and collar only in the garden.
Fingers crossed taking him off the Trazodone stops the issues. It was great up until Tuesday. It can cause hallucinations and we feel that is what he was suffering with hence the fly snapping.

brenda I hope you get your walk and best wishes to Margaret and hoping it is nothing worrying.
Kazz I think 7 years for a car battery is a good life. Glad you now have the problem sorted.
Sue I hope the roads are better today.
Chris I don't think there is a dog that doesn't like tripe in some form or other.
I hope Tesco gets more in stock.
griff glad you found a better deal for breakdown cover. As for your dad I hope it all gets sorted satisfactorily.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2023, 10:44 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope Brewster is now more settled and no more fly snapping.

Hope you gt the tiles cut today Kelly

Have a good day Brenda and Kazzz. Hope Margaret's recall is just a precautionary measure and she gets the all clear.

Very wet here this morning. It tipped it down just a I got Sarah and Ana out of the car to walk a short distance to school so by the time I got back to the car my jeans were soaked. Got home and a short break in the rain so managed to get Teazle out. Must get an umbrella on my trip out this afternoon!

Take care everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-11-2023, 11:12 AM
Thanks Sue no more fly snapping but restless, itchy and generally a pain in the ar*e.
Lack of exercise, he will be 7 months old by the time he hopefully gets the go ahead for at least short walks or trips out to garden centres or a stroll around a nice village.
He has spent more time in the garden and indoors than enjoying his puppy life and learning the rules when being out and about.
It is going to be hard work when we can eventually get him out and about.

Soaking wet jeans is the worst. I hope there isn't an umbrella shortage due to all the rain we have had lately.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2023, 03:25 PM
Afternoon all
Brenda, thanks...I am stubborn more than amazing, I am covered in bruises and cuts but still have all my fingers so far!! It's not a brilliant job, I have never tiled before but it's better than bare wall and I can cover my mistakes with silicone.
My dad just stayed in the bedroom, left me to it.
Lynn, I know Brewster will turn out a great dog.... it's a bump in the road
Kazz, pleased the car is done
Sue, hope you got the umbrella!!
Absolutely done in, I am pleased with what I managed and hopefully should get the rest done in an hour....fingers crossed.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-11-2023, 03:44 PM
Hope the tiling is all done now. Well done.

More of a mountain in the road griff but yes we will get there. A little fly snapping earlier but only for a few minutes.
Hopefully the Trazadone is moving out of his system, we have to be careful what we give with it even if its homeopathic for a few days.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2023, 05:10 PM
Good afternoon all

Eye injection this morning and, yay, it didn't hurt. Mly eye will be gritty the rest of today though which is a pain in the ar*se. What was worrying was that for the first time I was virtually blind in that eye for about four hours. Thankfully that cleared up

We got back at 11 am so we had our usual run and it's not nearly as cold out there today so apart from my eye giving me gyp, we enjoyed it.

Ted is now happily walking past dogs without kicking off so another win

I'm hoping the Butchers continues long-term now as I'm doing everything I can to get him off the chicken as I'm sure there's some intolerance there which does nothing for his behaviour

Oh Lynn. Poor, poor Brewster. As you say, he's not going to have had a puppyhood with all its joys. I hope that once this is over, he can start to enjoy life and you can start to enjoy life with him. It's all just so unfair for all of you <hugs>

I mentioned about the laser treatment while having the injection and that it wouldn't be until February and not at the main hospital. She said that wouldn't do so is organising an appointment with the consultant so that I can have it done at the main hospital and she said the appointment should be a lot earlier than February
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-11-2023, 06:21 PM
Glad the eye injection was positive this time Chris.
Great news about Ted going past other dogs without reacting and fingers crossed he enjoys the tripe ongoing.

Yep it's unfair to us all hopefully seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, he all of a sudden has returned back to his normal self a gremlin.
Still likes a cuddle on the futon but it is getting more bitey again.
Happier to have a sleep by the patio door so hoping the Trazadone is out of his system.
The Bach flower remedy is on its way and will give him some of that when it arrives and some hepur sulph internally for the itching.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2023, 08:48 PM
Chris, great news about Ted and your laser appointment getting brought forward... fantastic
Lynn, is the wound very big?? Or is it more like razor rash? Our vet said kamilosan for razor rash
Tiling is finished, it's not great but I tried.....he has just been in the bathroom, no doubt looking at everything that's wrong but I did the best I could. I am covered in cuts and bruises and utterly exhausted.
Concerned about my friend, she's getting divorced and her ex is being an absolute div. He has turned quite nasty today...I have told her to get him charged by the police and that my phone is always on and just to keep ringing until I answer