Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2023, 07:33 AM

That's it Tuesday 7th November 2023

Morning all. Yep Tuesday, time for me to go and get my TV choice magazine. I wonder what that will tell me about of what is coming up again so that I really don't need to watch television. (oops bad grammer) Why do they tell us so much before we have watched the programmes? Anyway it is going to be another sunny day and so I am off out to walk along the beach and to pick up said magazine. Have a good day all. (I do talk a load of drivvle.)
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2023, 09:07 AM
Good morning

It looks to be being sunny a here,got the top off my grass yesterday so should be good to go as I scarified then aerated where needed going to give it a top dressing today and then add some grass seed to where I see some patches appearing under the acer mainly so will keep my eye on that area.

Taking my sister to the hospital for an appointment this afternoon.

Have a good day everyone catch yOu later the top dressing is calling me. LOL
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2023, 10:12 AM
Good morning Brenda and Kazz

Happy walking Brenda

Enjoy your time in the garden Kazz

Bright and sunny here. Morning school run done, Teazle walked and washing on the line. Back on duty this afternoon.

Take care everyone.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2023, 11:35 AM
Well I had another lovely walk all along the shingle this time looking for shells and came across another scallop shell but a grey one this time and another fully formed conch type shell. Have a good rest of the day folks.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-11-2023, 11:43 AM
Morning brenda, Kazz, Sue and all to follow.
Nice day with Freya yesterday a mini melt down over getting dressed for the day, so I left her half dressed told her nanny was really to stressed to be more stressed not that a 2 year old understands but I felt better, gave her 5 mins then whipped her up and dressed her even though it was a bit of a fight.
Straight after she was back to being the lovely Freya so we walked to the local park for a while. We played in her room and then she wanted to go to sleep in her cot a first for me she usually wants the sofa downstairs when I have her.
She settled I watched some news as I had forgotten to take my laptop and an hour and half later she was calling for nanny.

Brewster calm most of yesterday for Gorden. Today a bit off the wall I did wonder of it was the Laritidine to help with the itching with the Trazadone not mixing too well, but after being with both of us to pop the recycling out and Gorden getting some bits to do a job he has settled at last.
We might try that in the mornings feed the fish etc., with him on his lead.

brenda I hope you enjoyed your walk.
Kazz good luck with the gardening and the appointment.
Sue I hope this afternoon journey is trouble free.
griff sorry to hear about the squirrel. Black and Decker and bad tools, glad you got the delivery back.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2023, 05:02 PM
Well good evening all bit of a nightmare with the hospital appointment my sister got stuck in traffic coming back from an earlier appointment with J (nephew) temp traffic lights causing chaos only ther for the one day would you believe and not there when they went past at 7am then at 11 am there they were in full swing and cars backing up so they rang to say 12.30 (hospital 1.30) 25 minutes away or so so more than doable, I was taking her so A Jack did not get stressed being out of routine and B its easier to be dropped off then try to park.

I pulled up at my sisters at 12.15 turned engine off and went to speak to one of her neighbours daughters (who I used to work with) who was cutting her Dad's grass sdister comes out we get in car nothing not a solitary light comes on Phone AA long story short turns out it is the Battery to Chassis Earth cable the battery is great AA man deterimined by his "machine thing" then he earthed the car by the car and it started.

He said do not stall and do not switch off take straight to your garage I ring Paul (garage) no answer not unusual at lunch time so I drive there. Phone number on garage shutter again as one man band not unusual I ring his daughter answers they are away till 21st Nov.

So I have not turned the car off I get in an drive to local garage by me should be fit to go tomorrow.

Right saga the AA man was brilliant he said if you do have to turn off or stall here is my card do not ring them as they will charge you as I have diagnosed already Ring me I will come and start you again tonight only(LOL)

Hospital appointment rearranged forThursday next week what a saga at least I can walk to the garage. I do not normally have anything worth posting BARmy wahsing and grass cutting so thought I would share this LOL
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2023, 06:12 PM
I had the same problem Kazz when I had my peugeot. I had just come out of the vets and the car wouldn't start so the man in the garage across the road from the vets gave me a jump start and said it is the battery go to your usual garage and they will do a new battery. Just don't stall the car. So I drove to my usual garage and they fortunately had a new battery. Tyto meanwhile just sat there and took it all in his stride. Saying hi to everyone. Memories eh!! Priceless. Kazz hope you get sorted soon.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2023, 09:34 PM
Tomorrow hopefully Brenda. Yes memories.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2023, 10:22 PM
Evening all
Lynn, sorry Freya decided that getting dressed was not for her lol but glad you overcame it. I am sure Brewster will settle into his routine, you are in charge, it's for his own good and you have both got this xx
Brenda, I love looking up the spoilers online, I check strictly and if Steve annoys me, I threaten him with the results lol
Sue, hope the traffic has been kind to you today xx
Kazz, hope the car is fixed tomorrow, Steve and I are just leaving the aa, gone back to the rac....aa want £18.95 a month and RAC do the same on offer for 10.95, sorted it this evening then rung Steve and told him, I pay it so he can lump it lol. Next year I daresay it will be the aa again. Steve has this idea in his head that "what's the point"....but we have needed it every year since I got the cover so.... it's needed, to me, it's as necessary as home cover... which he also doesn't have!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2023, 10:32 PM
Nearly forgot, haven't spoken to my dad since Saturday, he is still skulking about upstairs, coming and getting a drink occasionally and barely eating....we haven't said don't touch the food. He hasn't seen the dogs since Saturday and although they must realise he is in the house.....they haven't bothered looking for him or going near his room. He hasn't taken his medication since Saturday... really good idea just to stop anti-depressants!!
I have been and got the messages printed off that prove his affair and abuse towards my mum but apparently they aren't needed according to my friend who is going through a divorce. Between mum and I we could cover the bills but obviously, he won't want to walk away with nothing so we will have to sell the house.... disgusting considering she's done nothing wrong. He hasn't set foot outside the house... usually he will skuttle of out for a paper, I am playing mind games with him.....told him Saturday night not to mess with a mechanic and not to brake too hard, obviously too scared to drive the car lol.....I have done nothing but I am letting his paranoia take over