Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TEDCAV
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-06-2008, 11:44 AM

Advice On Exporting Dogs Please

Hi
Am looking for some advice from you worthy doggy types out there. One of the pups from our litter of Belgian Shepherd Groenendaels is being sold to a lady in Norway. We've never done this before so not sure how to go about shipping him. I've contacted an animal shipping agent, but for the amount they charge, they don't seem to actually do much!
Any advise would be very welcome as we want this gorgeous boy to go safely to his new home. Please feel free to PM me on this.
Thanks a lot

JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Importing Pets to Norway

The puppy must be tattooed or chipped(or both)& have a Pet Passport the new owner will need to check @ their end for exemption if the puppy from the vaccination requirements. The Pet Passport will be blank except for the ID details if the puppy is to travel whilst quite young

Wukee's brother went to the Netherlands @ 7 weeks & didn't have any vaccinations until he had had his titre tests done. He was tattooed & chipped by me @ 6 weeks & 1 day. They came over by the ferry but took him back by the Chunnel.

He looks a lovely baby

Might be best if the new owners came over to collect him & flew him back with them. I've sent a puppy BC to Germany as freight & he bounced out @ the other end totally unfazed
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Have you tried Googling the Ministry ? (Probably the Ministry of Agriculture but migh be others) they should be able to tell you about the rules and regulations. Likewise the airlines will happily tell you about crate sizes type etc. (After all they are going to sell a 'ticket' which is getting harder for them to do these days of high fuel prices)