Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2006, 06:06 PM

Brothers first pet making her way to Hamster Heavenn

My Brothers first pet, sophie the hamster is not looking too well.

Over the past few days she hasnt been eating so much but her fluid intake has been normal but now i think the poor little thing is passing away

My brother is beside himself and just hasnt stopped crying. I know this sounds really odd but honestly they really had a strong bond, and LOVED each other to pieces.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-11-2006, 06:22 PM
I don't think it's odd at all. Don't think it makes much difference if it's Dog, cat, hamster or any other animal. We all bond with our pets and so I can understand why your bro is upset.
Sympathy to him and his wee pet
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2006, 06:24 PM
That is so sad, give your bruv lots of cuddles x
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2006, 07:43 PM
Awww that is sad. I remeber when my hamster died, I was devestated, just because it's a small furry doesn't mean you don't bond with it or care for it. Hugs for your brother.
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2006, 03:47 PM
My bro didnt sleep last night and cryed right through until this morning. His whole routine is up in the air bless him...he used to spend ALOT of time with her.

On closer inspection she looked to have a rather large lump under the skin...I handled her everyday and am surprised that i didnt find it....I have had alot of hamsters and have never seen anything like it ..but at least it was quick.

Od (my bro) says to thank you for your knd messages.
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2006, 07:13 PM
Your poor brother, I'm so sorry
I always get very attached to my hamsters too, I don't think it is strange at all.

I hope he can come to terms with it soon
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2006, 09:06 PM
RIP Hammy, sending more hugs to your brother x
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2006, 10:42 PM
"On closer inspection she looked to have a rather large lump under the skin...I handled her everyday and am surprised that i didnt find it.. "

we used to keep gerbils and one day i noticed blood on tth bottom of the tank,it was my brothers gerbil and i handled both every day,i rushed him to the vets and it was a tumour,nothing could be done and i felt awful i hadn't noticed my vet told me they can pop up literally overnight
i hope your brother is o.k
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Griff- that is really interesting although very sad

Just like to say thank you to all members who have sent their messages for Od. He is still very upset and doesnt know what to do with himself but at least he is getting sleep and seems to have a smile on his face for some of the day.

We are thinking about getting him another pet "for christmas" (i hate that label but we are very serious about our animals!!).
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2006, 01:09 AM
I'm very sorry for your brother's loss it is dreadufl when one of our small friends passes on - it never gets any easier - I lose about 5-10 rats a year and i'm gutted with each and every one

My brother's little old ratty girl Rattle passed away the day before yesterday, and he was also terribly upset - so sends his regards

xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >