Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-08-2006, 09:30 AM

For Fluffy Bunny & Foxy

Hi guys!

Just called my regular vets (who are fantastic with dog & cat) to enquire about Bunny Spey. They were great. They do it often and have a very high sucess rate. They do internal stitches and advised that the bunny can eat before the operation. Will cost £52.31, which is not too bad in comparrison to £110 . She all booked in for Thursday morning.

Will keep ya's posted x
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2006, 09:33 AM
Ooh thats great - I'm sure she willl be fine Tell them you want a bunny bag afterwards (its a little bag with some food in and a large plastic ball to play with and some rabbit info )
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-08-2006, 09:40 AM
Ah! ! Good plan, will do that ! Got a puppy pack when Angel got her 1st injections so ya never know!
And once she's all recovered and i have her outdoor run set up i'll be getting her a wee friend. Must post some pics actually. Promised Brandie Snap that ages ago and never did get round to it....oops!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2006, 09:42 AM
What breed of rabbit is she?
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-08-2006, 09:57 AM
Hmmmm....

I don't really know. She was a rescue bunny so was told of any breed. She quite large, black with white markings on neck, face and front legs. Of all the bunny breeds I do know I know she's not any of them (lopeared, dwarf, lionhead etc). I have neve really thought of her as a breed??? Sorry, bit ignorant, being 1st bunny and all...
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by Doggydina
Hmmmm....

I don't really know. She was a rescue bunny so was told of any breed. She quite large, black with white markings on neck, face and front legs. Of all the bunny breeds I do know I know she's not any of them (lopeared, dwarf, lionhead etc). I have neve really thought of her as a breed??? Sorry, bit ignorant, being 1st bunny and all...

Oh its okay I'm not well up in bunnies either - I can just about spot a Netherland dwarf bunny and a lop eared one but thats about it
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-08-2006, 10:51 AM
Cool !! I was just thinking I was very how bad that was of me not to know .
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2006, 02:36 PM
Aww, glad you found a good vet I hope it all goes well.
Can't wait to see the photos
Fluffybunny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-08-2006, 05:18 PM
Excellent news, you're lucky to have such a good vet. My foster bun Chloe is also in for her spay on Thursday so we can be gibbering wrecks together!! Remember she needs to stay indoors the night after the spay, as the anaesthetic will lower her blood pressure and she might get cold outside, so make sure you have a suitable quiet area with vetbed or towels or something instead of shavings/straw etc, and I'm sure she'll be fine!! Most buns prefer a bowl of water after an operation as it's easier to drink from than a bottle, and any tasty treats like carrot tops and herbs will encourage her to start eating again.

Good luck!!

Fluffy xx

Edit: PS, does she look anything like this? http://www.thebrc.org/dutch.htm
murphydog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-08-2006, 07:45 PM
hi my foster bun was speyed yesturday! the vets you have found are cost the same as the vets i work at and we do (subcut) internal stitches for a lot of ops and all of our bunny ops are done this way! good luck let us know how you get on
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >