Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-11-2004, 10:51 PM

Some Breeders!

I have just had a lenghthy argument on the phone with a person who i used to call a friend Tonight she sold her last puppy to a couple who live on an Army base, the ladies OH is a soldier who deals in dog handling or something to that effect, as he has close working contact with the dogs on the base.
Anyway he made it clear to my friend that he planned on taking the puppy to the kennel area for three hours each day to save the puppy being locked up at home, however what my friend failed to warn him about is that the puppy has no innoculations and shouldnt be placed at risk yet in a kennel environment.

My friend has willingly placed one of her own pups health at risk knowing full well this person is going to place the puppy in kennels for three hours on Monday without having any injections, i am so livid at the fact shes been so irresponsible towards the health of one of her own puppies

Why do people do this? :smt021 :smt021
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

05-11-2004, 11:19 PM
All you can do Whiz is offer your opnion in the hope it gets taken on board, dont let it get you down
Dreamon
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-11-2004, 08:15 AM
You cant do any more than you have whizzgirl, you have tried to educate her about being a responsible breeder and she hasn't listened - you have done all that you can.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2004, 08:38 AM
Whizgirl all you can do is hope that what you've siad is going to sink in with your friend
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2004, 08:43 AM
I dont understand what people are thinking......

Why would she breed this puppy if only to let it oout in the big world unprotected?

So sad
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

06-11-2004, 08:50 AM
Hi W/girl, does your friend have any reason for not vaccinating, was it an informed choice?

I did not vaccinate my last litter of pups, my decision was based on experience, well thought about beforehand & I`d learned as much as I could. Don`t judge all breeders who don`t vaccinate, there are quite a few around & the ones I know are very responsible. They usually have extensive knowledge of vaccines, immune system & nutrition & make very informed choices not to vacc.
Christine.
Mossford
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-11-2004, 03:28 PM
When we got our JRT puppy she was not vacinated. Farmer did not want her just cast her to one side.

Could it be to do with cost? Makes puppies more expensive.

Me I would rather know they were protected before going to new homes.