09-11-2004, 12:21 PM
Dont get me wrong im all for trying, i just hope they will listen

didnt mean to annoy you
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2004, 12:24 PM
sorry is that what it seemd like soz Gems

wasnt getting at you but just wanted to stress that people can have a chance against the bigwigs if they stick together and take it to the media etc

He who shouts loudest is often heard
and now that BSL can be proven to not actually work there is more of a case for not banning a whole breed
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2004, 12:26 PM
I think you are right in that the more people who stand up against such a law the more chance there is of change. HOWEVER there was a protest about the DDA many years ago and the grand turnout was just 2,000 people. Compare that to the supporters for and against issues such as fox hunting (over 200,000) and you realise we are fighting a pretty bad battle as we just dont have the numbers to provide that important punch.

I think if they proposed to ban breeds that are seen to many as friendly family dogs then yes some uproar pherphs could cause a stir but never enough to force through a change, however, with the APBT (and bull breeds) support is always limited to bull breed owners and the sad fact is many people still see them as demon dogs that includes fellow dog owners too. I also think when some of the law makers have made up their minds they have made up their minds and thats just the way it is i am afraid. Nevertheless I will carry on doing as much as I can too
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by Lel
sorry is that what it seemd like soz Gems

wasnt getting at you but just wanted to stress that people can have a chance against the bigwigs if they stick together and take it to the media etc

He who shouts loudest is often heard
and now that BSL can be proven to not actually work there is more of a case for not banning a whole breed
No im sorry lel, i often speak without thinking
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2004, 12:30 PM
well said Laura

was going to mention too that if the DDA was to ban cute cuddly dogs ( that can also bite I might add) there would be more of an uproar
in many cases both he Govt and the public stereotype owners of bullbreeds and believe all the hype (bulls**t) they read-
not everyone has a bullbreed as a status symbol and thats what we as owners need to keep getting across
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3