quickest fingers in the West

getting all my replies in now before I leave work
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2004, 10:01 AM
just to update-
I have received this reply from the Canadian Kennel Club

Thank you for contacting the Canadian Kennel Club regarding the subject of Breed Specific Legislation. It has been extremely difficult keeping pace with correspondence on this issue since the Proposed Breed Ban Legislation introduced by Attorney General Michael Bryant was made public Tuesday October 26,2004 and now that debate will continue on the second reading November 15 at 1:30pm. We are frequently asked by individuals what they can do and we strongly encourage every concerned dog lover to immediately begin communicating directly with A.G. Michael Bryant <michael.bryant.jus.gov.on.ca> and all provincial MPP's expressing your views in the form of strong opposition to this proposed legislation.

Before doing so please review the information and CKC policy statements posted to the CKC website at www.ckc.ca You are also able to review the proposed legislation at www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca
In your correspondence please clearly state that you are " in support of Dangerous Dog Legislation that would serve to protect the general public but not by the banning of any specific breed, especially those purebred dogs registered by The Canadian Kennel Club under the auspices of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, as required under the federal Animal Pedigree Act."
Further to this, express that you "support the collective position of the CVMA, CFHS, PIJAC, and CKC as members of the National Companion Animal Coalition (NCAC)."
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2004, 10:35 AM
Oops sorry guy's I meant with OUR staffords, then for noticing Lel

Will check out those sites later
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2004, 11:31 AM
what a terrible situation
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2004, 11:39 AM
That Bryant is a fecking idiot, I wish they would realise that these laws dont work EVER!! Look at the countries where the banning of specific breeds has not worked and that should make them think.

Unfortunatley imo its not really down to the dogs or the owners, its down to what makes a politician (who incidentially is in an up & coming election & needs votes) look good to the masses. Its just a sad fact that theh dogs suffer as a result of eejits like this.

Somebody on another list made up this poster and I think its great.

Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2004, 11:40 AM
Wasnt that reporter saying that italy started a pitbull ban, now 92 breeds have been added, including the labrador!!!!!!!!! That is stupid!!!!
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2004, 12:01 PM
Yes Gem it is stupid - just as stupid as banning 1 breed. No matter what breed you own none are safe but obviously the APBT is always at the forefront of most ban lists, not nice when its your chosen breed though is it

Didnt they try banning anything over a certain height in Germany? I remember the talk at the time but never followed the BSL because it depressed me too much and I knew I could never stop it
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2004, 12:04 PM
To be honest if the goverment want to ban a breed, i dont think we will even get a chance to try and stop it, they will make up their own minds
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2004, 12:17 PM
but we do have a chance Gem and thats just it- if enough people get off their backsides and kick up a stick instead of just sitting on their backsides saying "isnt it awful" and doing nothing about it...
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >