register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-07-2013, 11:20 AM
Malka, I have no idea what to say to you, mahoosive hugs and loves, and I hope that you are wrong and it comes right again.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-07-2013, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
She is showing all signs of renal failure although her blood test results on 28 April showed perfectly normal BUN and Creatinine levels. Gave her a very sloppy wet meal, necessary for her to have as it has her vital liver supplements in it, just very soft ½% fat cheese plus a raw egg, and she just had a bit of a lap at it. Offered it again a bit later and again just a few laps.

But - offered her half a frozen raw chicken carcass - very little meat, mostly cartilage and bone, and she chombled it and ate it no problem.

Still drinking a lot, peeing normal and has poo'd normally, but is very lethargic and unusual for her does not follow me about when I move from here and will only go out for a pee etc if I go out with her. I cannot get a pee sample to take to the vet as I cannot get down to try and catch any as and when, and where, she decides to pee.

Something is very wrong and I have a horrible feeling that she is in renal failure.
Oh no Malka, that sounds so terrible with the pee. maybe try a soup ladle to catch some if possible.. thinking of you and Pereg xxx
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
She is showing all signs of renal failure although her blood test results on 28 April showed perfectly normal BUN and Creatinine levels. Gave her a very sloppy wet meal, necessary for her to have as it has her vital liver supplements in it, just very soft ½% fat cheese plus a raw egg, and she just had a bit of a lap at it. Offered it again a bit later and again just a few laps.

But - offered her half a frozen raw chicken carcass - very little meat, mostly cartilage and bone, and she chombled it and ate it no problem.

Still drinking a lot, peeing normal and has poo'd normally, but is very lethargic and unusual for her does not follow me about when I move from here and will only go out for a pee etc if I go out with her. I cannot get a pee sample to take to the vet as I cannot get down to try and catch any as and when, and where, she decides to pee.

Something is very wrong and I have a horrible feeling that she is in renal failure.
I sincerely hope you're wrong Malka for both your sakes.
I'll even break my no hugs rule and send you both a massive hug and lots of love. I'll be keeping everything crossed for you x.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Malka maybe the vet could come to you and take the sample?

From memory, the only time I had a dog with any renal problem they peed buckets. Much more than was normal for them. Couldn't even hold it in all night.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2013, 01:01 PM
What a worry for you malka.
Lily is suffering from kidney failure which I am presuming is the same as Renal failure. Lily doesn't drink much or pee much so I was very surprised when all the test results showed that to be the case.
The vet did say they don't all have those same symptoms though, in fact lily had no symptoms except a very bad reaction to almost any drugs and anesthetics the vet gives and now we know or suspect its because her kidneys don't process them very well.
I hope Pereg will be ok. Thinking of you both and sending more hugs.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Malka. prayers from here.
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-07-2013, 05:53 PM
You and Pereg are in my thoughts and praying that your fears are unfounded. Good luck at the vets tomorrow, I have everything crossed here for your precious girl xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2013, 06:30 PM
Malka - I'm praying for you and little Pereg here; I so hope it isn't what you fear. Is it possible she could have an infection?
xxx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2013, 07:00 PM
Hope we hear soon how Pereg is doing.
Megsy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-07-2013, 07:26 PM
So sorry. Thinking about you. Hope things can be managed if not cured. xxx
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »