Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-07-2013, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Sorry to hear Pereg has been poorly Malka - I thought she was doing so good on the PB too.

One thing I did notice is that sometimes they can spit the tablets out, especially once they work out how

Hope she gets well soon, and that you're coping ok as well.
Pereg was doing great - went one year and 177 days on the 50mg TID and then once she broke her streak the GMs are back far too frequently for my liking. Now on 65mg 7am and 11pm and 100mg at 3pm but no, she does not spit the tablets out. I squidge them in a piece of Dairylea type soft cheese triangles and they go straight down. She is extremely good at taking her pills and even the large SAMe go straight down when squidged in the cheese, even though she knows darn well that it is in there!

But as long as she has no side effects from the Pb and her levels are still in therapeutic range with her liver and kidney values as perfect as they are and have been, we are going to stick with Pb. And oral diazepam after a GM unless it occurs more than one hour before a due dose, in which case she will have her Pb then and the regular Pb an hour after the normal due dose.

The loss of her voice and the then subsequent intermittent coughing are just overstrain of her vocal cords and will clear up. And she will stop limping once the massive haematoma on her upper front leg disperses. I just did not anticipate her having a GM in the kitchen at half past four in the afternoon, and I think longingly of that seizure-free one year and 177 days - and can only hope and pray that she will have another long sz-free streak. Preferably soon.

If not? Then she will stay as she has always been and will always be - my beloved Pereg.

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Many and big, big hugs for both you and Pereg.

I don't know how you cope Malka, but cope you do and I'm sure the lovely and loving girl thanks you for it and loves you as much as you love her xxxxxxx
Chris - thanks for the hugs for both of us and of course I cope. I might, and do say that I cannot cope any longer but of course I will for as long as I have to. Because I love Pereg. It is as simple as that.

You know what it is like with your son but at least Pereg has no idea at all that she is epileptic, and for that I am grateful.

Massive (((hugs))) back to you. xxx
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-07-2013, 08:59 PM
So sorry to hear of Pereg's seizure - she (and you of course) are having such a hard time over the last months.
Wish there was something we could do to help - just sending love and hugs to you both xx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2013, 09:03 PM
It's just dawned on me (thickhead) that I am furiously quizzing you on my let's slim fatso Bella down thread at a time when you have more than enough to worry about with Pereg.

Please don't feel that you have to take the time to answer me immediately as I am not in any panic to start a new feed regime. It's just that I know you successfully slimmed down Pereg and you, like me, live alone with her and have her round you all the time.

So ignore my frantic questioning until a more suitable time!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

05-07-2013, 09:40 PM
No problem Pat - I am off to bed now as it is 12.40am here as you know. I will try to give you a bit more help regarding Bella's weight loss in the morning.

Lila Tov.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2013, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
No problem Pat - I am off to bed now as it is 12.40am here as you know. I will try to give you a bit more help regarding Bella's weight loss in the morning.

Lila Tov.
Yep! Just checked the clock! Goodnight.

I've had some marvellous news from my pal in Devon who is severely afflicted with epilepsy. She just got a 2.1 degree in Health Studies.

As you can appreciate - much harder for her to achieve than for someone who doesn't have any trouble concentrating at times or retrieving the 'right words'. At least that is something dogs don't have to worry about (well, Pereg does have a little prob. at the mo with retrieving the 'right bark'!)

She tries to laugh it off most of the time and describes herself as 'a bit broken'. So proud of her and she was DYING to tell someone and her parents are away on holiday and Jen (my daughter) has sodded off to a festival for the weekend so she turned to her 'surrogate mum'. So proud of her. Her career as an intensive care senior nurse has had to end, she's had to give up driving, she is 'forbidden' from getting pregnant and oh so many other things. So, I suppose in a way, dogs who suffer from this condition at least don't have the 'awareness' of it that humans do and don't have to fret about losing their driving licence or their job and all that?

She has a wonderful partner who cares for her as Pereg has in you. Life could be a lot worse as she says.
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-07-2013, 05:44 AM
Oh Malka, this is just awful but you are right, better a loving Pereg than a non loving one.. it must be so hard on both of you and the lack of sleep doesn't help either.. Hope the weekend with no workmen there will be a better one for both of you.. big hugs xxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

06-07-2013, 08:43 AM
As I just said on the morning thread, I think Pereg is rather ill. Nothing to do with her epilepsy but the seizure yesterday would not have helped.

Large haematomas on the inside of both front legs now above the elbow, but soft and floppy almost like bingo wings whereas the one Ram saw on Thursday was just one leg and a semi-soft swelling, not like this. She is drinking more than usual but did not want to take her morning pills in the soft cheese she loves. Pee'd OK when I convinced her to go out by going out myself so she would follow me. No blockage as she poo'd OK last night.

Just now refused one of her special "sweetie" treats and does not want to move. Even turned her head away when I offered a bit of banana which she recently decided was nectar.

I have a very bad feeling about this and it will be back to the Vet tomorrow.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
As I just said on the morning thread, I think Pereg is rather ill. Nothing to do with her epilepsy but the seizure yesterday would not have helped.

Large haematomas on the inside of both front legs now above the elbow, but soft and floppy almost like bingo wings whereas the one Ram saw on Thursday was just one leg and a semi-soft swelling, not like this. She is drinking more than usual but did not want to take her morning pills in the soft cheese she loves. Pee'd OK when I convinced her to go out by going out myself so she would follow me. No blockage as she poo'd OK last night.

Just now refused one of her special "sweetie" treats and does not want to move. Even turned her head away when I offered a bit of banana which she recently decided was nectar.

I have a very bad feeling about this and it will be back to the Vet tomorrow.
Oh no. What could be causing these haematomas? It doesn't sound good Malka you must be frantic having to wait until tomorrow to see the vet.

Meantime is she still drinking OK? I never worry too much about them not feeling like eating for a day or so when they are unwell as long as they are drinking. I sometimes don't feel like eating myself.

Hope things improve for her.
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-07-2013, 08:52 AM
Oh no Malka... so sorry to read this... hope she will be ok soon.. it hurts us just as much ( if not more) when we see our furry babes not well... fingers and paws crossed that Pereg will be ok again soon... xxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

06-07-2013, 11:15 AM
She is showing all signs of renal failure although her blood test results on 28 April showed perfectly normal BUN and Creatinine levels. Gave her a very sloppy wet meal, necessary for her to have as it has her vital liver supplements in it, just very soft ½% fat cheese plus a raw egg, and she just had a bit of a lap at it. Offered it again a bit later and again just a few laps.

But - offered her half a frozen raw chicken carcass - very little meat, mostly cartilage and bone, and she chombled it and ate it no problem.

Still drinking a lot, peeing normal and has poo'd normally, but is very lethargic and unusual for her does not follow me about when I move from here and will only go out for a pee etc if I go out with her. I cannot get a pee sample to take to the vet as I cannot get down to try and catch any as and when, and where, she decides to pee.

Something is very wrong and I have a horrible feeling that she is in renal failure.
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »