Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-07-2013, 02:37 PM

Another major Grand Mal seizure for Pereg

She got to Day 10 this time and then crashed down on the stone floor in the kitchen just over an hour ago.

No voice since Monday evening, a hugely swollen left front leg due to a haematoma since yesterday morning - started just above inside her elbow but now the whole leg is swollen, and now a massive full blown Grand Mal seizure crashing down on the stone floor.

Just do not know what to do now.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2013, 02:38 PM
So sorry to read this Malka
Hope she improves very soon xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-07-2013, 02:40 PM
That is awful, only at the vets yesterday as well, just goes to show how unpredicatable these seizures are doesn't it.
Have you phoned the vet at all.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2013, 02:52 PM
So sorry Malka. Poor Pereg. Looks like another bad day for you as well.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2013, 03:01 PM
Oh no bless you both, she is having a hard time lately, I wonder if the sore throat and leg are tied in to this somehow, not fair
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Just to say commiserations really. Poor Pereg. There's nothing you nor anyone else can do about this condition. And no way of predicting whether they will come more frequently or stay away for a long time.

Is the keeping a record of the frequency of the seizures something the vet needs for adjusting medication, or just for your own records?

Hope her leg heals soon too - any idea how that happened?

She's not having a very good time of it at all this week poor thing.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Oh Malka, I barely know what to say. What a horrible shock that must have been.

Hugs hugs and positive throughts for you both to get through this yet again.
xxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-07-2013, 03:29 PM
June - too late to phone Ram as the surgery closes at 2pm on a Friday for Shabbat. OK there is a 24 hour emergency service but Pereg having another bad seizure is not an emergency as long as she comes out of it, and what could he do in any case?

Zoe - I think that the work outside has more to do with it - well the voice loss maybe as she objects to people in what she considers is her yard, and they were literally on top of us - huge dozers and loads of men etc, and the noise was horrendous. If it all has given me a non-stop headache for days, L-rd only knows what it has done to poor Pereg with her mixed-up brain wiring from the epilepsy.

Pat - both the food diary and her seizure diary are for both myself and for my vet, in the vague [and so far useless] hope of trying to find a trigger to avoid. So far there has never been any connection between her food and what is done in my home [change in washing liquid etc - or my perfume] - nothing.

I gave her 20mg Valium not an extra dose of Pb as it was only 1½ hours since her 3pm Pb and it seems to have worked fairly quickly, although I reckon it has just put off her usual terrible post-ictal behaviour/activity.

And I keep thinking that my GP would go spare if she knew that the Valium that is prescribed for me [30 x 5mg tabs/month] as a muscle relaxant - one to be taken half an hour before I go to bed to unlock my joints - is mostly kept to give to Pereg at times such as this.

Just praying for no more seizures and at least I know that the workmen will not be back until Sunday morning, which should give Pereg a bit of a break from the noise and chaos.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2013, 03:41 PM
Ah I had missed that you have workmen in the street, any chance Pereg would allow cotton wool balls in her ears to stop so much noise getting in while they work? I don't suppose my 2 would keep them in but worth a mention xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-07-2013, 04:51 PM
Oh I am so sorry Malka. (((Hugs))) for Pereg and you.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »