Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2013, 05:43 PM

Castration and winky slime

Sorry for the horrid thought, but does castration lessen the winky secretions??? Does anyone know
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2013, 06:22 PM
I thought that it did........until I noticed lots of suspicious splodges of gunk on Jimmi's throw on his sofa
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2013, 07:52 PM
LOL!! No castration ONLY stops them producing puppies. Plus ruining a lot of dogs temperaments!!
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Ok thanks guys, same reason I was wondering bitkin my throws are getting splattered ew. Oh well, please elaborate borderdawn on the ruining a dogs temperament? Having mixed thoughts about getting Samson done and any insight would be very valuable please x
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2013, 09:49 PM
The only change that I have noticed in the two dogs we have had done was for the good.

The first one became a sex maniac and was no longer interested in being a pet - just wanted to be out there looking for wimin!! He reverted to pet status and was lovely for the rest of his life. The second, our present dog (we had a bitch between times) was "done" by DT before we brought him home. He had been aggressive with other dogs, and very highly sexed..........also was keen on scent marking everything in sight! All that disappeared after a month or two. I have absolutely no negatives to say about castration.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2013, 10:07 PM
I have never experienced a negative change in personality after castration of male dogs but if your dog has nervous aggression castration need serious expert consideration as the removal of testosterone can make them less confident and the aggression can become worse. Also if your dog is of a nervous nature but doesn't really show aggression, castration can mean they become even more nervous and become aggressive as a defence. Having said that, no change for the worse is a far more common outcome! It won't cure all behavioural problems but will improve testosterone fuelled behaviours....unless the behaviour has become habit and the you will have some additional work to do.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2013, 04:52 AM
I've always owned bitches but did have a psycho male rabbit castrated one time when I was assured it would sort out the problem of it savaging us and chewing through everything in sight as well.

If anything it got worse! Mates joked that it was obviously none too pleased with me having its 'bits' chopped off!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-07-2013, 05:07 AM
Ollie nervous from day one and castrated at 6 months made him worse he suffered from nervous aggression quite badly as he got older. Not to all strangers or all dogs but some humans and dogs and it was very random. He was also very territorial.
He did also have severe underlying health issues which did not show up till he PTS and post mortem done and the outcome of underlying illnesses then became evident.

Max neutered 17 months old not keen on other dogs but lovely temperament with everyone.
Dillon neutered at 17 months very hormone driven making him physically sick and unsettled. Has brilliant temperament with humans and dogs. Can be very cheeky though.

This winky slime as you call it can't say I've experienced it with any of my males.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2013, 06:52 AM
Never had a 'winky slime' problem with any of my males, thank goodness but that expression will stay with me ....................

I usually have my boys castrated routinely at around 6-8 months and have never noticed a problem temperament-wise. My youngest, Jack, is 20 months and not yet done because he is displaying random nervous aggression and is still very immature (only just starting cocking his leg) so he will be done when and if I feel he would be better off.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2013, 07:04 AM
Just have to say this is my least favourite thread on this forum lol!

The title of it makes me cringe everytime I see it. Slime is a horrible word anyway but ... WINKY? Oh please!
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »