Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by cacoll View Post
She's so much brighter in herself today, even down to doing a bit of grooming to herself and she ran through the house with a bit of a bound earlier, I was nearly in tears

At the moment I'm just giving her the Wainwrights wet but will add some kibble in after a few days.

Jackie I got her from Sarah McGill in Nottingham, her dogs all have Wintercloud in their name - she is an absolute dream, she's so good and loveable, I can't imagine how life was without her now.
Arh yes I know of her, spoke to her a few times at shows, she has some lovely dogs....she is on my list of breeders
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

04-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Poor Tangle and poor you not being able to get home until next week. As Tawneywolf and Tangutica have said, that is a really huge weight loss.

Like Tangutica the only time I ever had that was when I went into hospital for a hysterectomy and breast lumpectomy my then three Griffons [and one cat] had to go into kennels. The kennels were highly recommended to my and had a very good reputation but when the tribe were brought home one of my Griffs was like a skeleton. They said she just would not eat.

Sending loads of healing {{{vibes}}} for poor Tangle.

(((hugs))) xx
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-07-2013, 10:16 PM
Thanks for all the wishes, I've been in touch with the breeder and none of the other pups or the parents are ill in any way - Sarah sent a really nice email and I've forwarded that onto the vet so that they are aware.

We had an email update from the vet earlier saying that Tangle had ate and been lively this morning but was then sleepy and lethargic. I just wish she would eat, I've tried everything - hopefully we will have an answer soon and then she will be on the mend.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-07-2013, 10:26 PM
It sounds awfully like the dreadful bug my puppies picked up, it took ages to get to the bottom of it, one of them nearly died in fact. Turned out there was a gastro type bug going round, one of my older girls was poorly, then her daughter was sick, then my puppies got it. The only one that never got it was the puppies mother. The older 2 dogs weren't really poorly at all. Afterwards I heard some dreadful stories about whole litters being wiped out by it.
My vets ended up giving them very strong AB's because normal AB's didn't sort it.
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-07-2013, 07:04 PM
The vet has been in touch today to say that Tangle has taken a turn for the worse, she now has a temperature and is even more lethargic. My son has been to see her this evening and she just lay in her crate and wagged her tail and didnt move for 20 mins (she always goes wild for him).
She is being transferred to Leahurst in the morning whic is the University of Liverpool School of Veterinary Science - I so hope they are able to find what is wrong with her - we will arrive home tomorrow and go straight there to see her.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Leahurst is absolutely fantastic, she is in excellent hands
They saved one of my horse's lives and I know of a couple of others who wouldn't be around today if it wasn't for them
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2013, 10:01 PM
I can find nothing to say, except I am really hoping for good news before too long and from what TW says, she is in the very best possible hands. My heart goes out to you.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

10-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Any news on Tangle ?
icemaiden123
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Some of the symptons sound similar to SRMA. Especially the non eating, high temp and lethargy. A spinal tap prior to steroids is the only way to make a definitive diagnosis. If it is SRMA treatment tends to be an initial high dosage over a week to two week period of prednisone, which should then be approx halved for a month and then consistently reduced over a 6 to 8 mth period.

I really hope Tangle feels much better soon.
Meg
Supervisor

10-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Cacoll what a holiday you must have had worrying about Tangle..

I hope Tangle's condition improves and that she will be back home with you very soon...
Page 6 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »