Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by cacoll View Post
We have a diagnosis, all tests came back clear apart from giardia which the vet had given us medication for - we have left her yesterday with our daughter as we had a holiday booked (believe me that really hurt). She has spoken to our vet and arranged an appointment for next week for another examination and to take a sample so they can see if the treatment has worked.
Danielle (daughter) has said that she's eaten more today and has been livelier which is great. At least now we know what's up with her we can deal with it.
Thanks again for all your messages, they really have helped get me through this xx
Now relax and enjoy your holiday! They've ruled out the worst stuff, your dog is in excellent hands and you are getting updates (and they sound good).

You obviously cannot put it out of your mind (who could?) but don't let any misplaced sense of 'guilt' spoil your holiday. Guilt is such a wasted emotion - does nobody any good at all. Not the person feeling guilty nor the object of the guilt.

It's great news that she is on the up and up.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Enjoy your holiday you deserve it
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-07-2013, 05:31 PM
I've chatted to my daughter each day about Tangle, she has an appointment at the vets on Thursday but in the meantime she has been eating at least one tray per day of the Wainwrights lamb puppy food and some kibble and she is a lot livelier - am really hoping the results are good when she's been on Thursday.

While I'm away she's definitely not going short on cuddles, my grandchildren are definitely supplying those - this pic is of her with Kaitlyn who's 3.

Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Oh that is an ADORABLE photo of both of them. What a beautiful young lady your granddaughter is. And what a gorgeous mane of curly hair too! Lovely.
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-07-2013, 09:01 PM
What a lovely photo - Kaitlyn is so pretty and Tangle is lapping up the attention.

Hope he continues to improve xx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2013, 12:47 AM
I look at photos like this one and feel REALLY sorry for any kiddies who never had a dog in their life at all when they were growing up.

Kids and dogs, dogs and kids. Match made in heaven as this photo attests to.
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-07-2013, 01:07 PM
Had some really bad news today re Tangle, Danielle took her to the vets today and the vet is really concerned about her. The tests had all come back okay but when she's been there today she weighed in at 5.9kg, she was 7.5kg when we took her for her first visit at the end of May and 7kg 2 weeks ago.

The vet gave her 2 injections of antibiotic and is keeping her in, feeding her a special diet and if necessary putting her on a drip.

She has said that if she doesn't improve she is transferring her to somewhere in Ellesmere Port (not sure what/where) and she is very worried for her.

During all this I am in southern Germany and not able to get home until next Wednesday, my daughter has been so good and she like me is heartbroken.

We will phone to get an update each day and Dan is going to go and visit her.

Please keep Tangle in your thoughts and prayers xx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Oh I'm so sorry to read this. At least they've got her prompt attention and she is in the best place. Don't beat yourself up - if she has to stay in - you wouldn't be with her all the time anyway. I do hope it's nothing very serious.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-07-2013, 01:53 PM
WOW that is a massive weight loss, so obviously some underlying problem there. I'm sure the vets will be doing faecal tests to get to the bottom of it.
Your granddaughter is a lovely little girl isn't she, like Pat says it is such a winning combination.
Have you let Tangle's breeder know what is happening, she may well have seen something similar. I know if that was happening to one of my puppies I would want to know.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2013, 02:08 PM
That is a big loss related to whole body weight I agree.

The only time I've had anything like this with a dog was when my sis had my cavvy for 2/3 weeks while we went abroad. She was happy enough but just wouldn't eat hardly anything my sis said she'd start to eat and then back off after a mouthful or two or if the cat approached or anyone breathed near her. So I came back to a very skinny dog. But she ate normally once home with me and soon put it back on.
Page 5 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »