View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-06-2013, 09:00 PM
So sorry to hear of your worries about Tangle - couldnt have come at a worse time so soon after the loss of your friend.
Hope the vets come up with a solution soon and that Tangle is on the way to full recovery. Hugs to you both.
Please keep us up to date.
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Thanks all, I'm going to ring in a minute and see how she is - she's probably sleeping peacefully while I'm stressing out.

Tangutica I've googled the yellow stuff, am hoping she's tested for that.

Just phoned and they said she's peaceful and settled, they've got a faeces sample and are testing that, they're waiting to get a urine sample and she's started on the medication --- hoping for good news in the morning.
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-06-2013, 09:12 PM
So glad to hear that Tangle is comfortable tonight and we will all hope and pray for good news in the morning.
Try to get some rest yourself tonight and know that our thoughts are with you. xx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 09:22 PM
Everything crossed here for Tangle, she is in the best place to be sorted out and as you say - she will be snoring peacefully whilst you lie awake worrying yourself silly. This is the way of the dog owner!

I hope that tomorrow brings the best news.
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-06-2013, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Everything crossed here for Tangle, she is in the best place to be sorted out and as you say - she will be snoring peacefully whilst you lie awake worrying yourself silly. This is the way of the dog owner!

I hope that tomorrow brings the best news.
Exactly - bet she's snoring now
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Hi Cacoll..
the vet gave her a shot of antibiotics and 16 days worth of clavaseptin tablets and fucidin cream which I've been applying twice a day.
I see Tangle has been on the antibiotic clavaseptin , that can cause diarrhea in some dogs
I hope Tangle is better soon....
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-06-2013, 04:24 PM
Tangle is home hurray!
She had all sorts of tests, X-ray and scan didnt show anything, her results from her special blood tests haven't come back yet and we're still waiting for the results on her poo & wee (which they had to take by needle & syringe from her bladder).
They said she has colitis and she may have giardia and we will know when the results come in.
She's all shaved underneath and a bit on her side and also on one leg where she was on a drip. She does seem happier and has eaten 1/2 small tin of the food we got from the vets, I tried her with her kibble and she wouldn't even look at it so I have just bought some canned Wainwrights puppy food which I will start her on tomorrow.
Thanks for all your concern and messages, hopefully I'll have more good news to share soon when she brightens up.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2013, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by cacoll View Post
Tangle is home hurray!
She had all sorts of tests, X-ray and scan didnt show anything, her results from her special blood tests haven't come back yet and we're still waiting for the results on her poo & wee (which they had to take by needle & syringe from her bladder).
They said she has colitis and she may have giardia and we will know when the results come in.
She's all shaved underneath and a bit on her side and also on one leg where she was on a drip. She does seem happier and has eaten 1/2 small tin of the food we got from the vets, I tried her with her kibble and she wouldn't even look at it so I have just bought some canned Wainwrights puppy food which I will start her on tomorrow.
Thanks for all your concern and messages, hopefully I'll have more good news to share soon when she brightens up.
Oh that's a marvellous update. I've everything crossed for her - fingers, eyes, toes, legs (legs have been crossed for years!)

I've got a dog that came through worse than this. I hope the same will be true for you and dear Tangle.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Giardia needs double dosing with Panacur Liquid Guard.
Glad she's home, that stuff the vets give is vile, when I had a sick puppy and they gave me that I had to mix steamed fish or chicken with it to get her to eat it!!!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2013, 05:02 PM
You sound so much happier Great news for Tangle, nothing that can't be sorted
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »