View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-06-2013, 09:28 AM

Tangle - Undergoing Tests (update @ post 72)

Hi

I had written a post saying that Tangle had seemed to have gone off her food and that I was changing to another make. I did this but she just didnt eat hardly and looked thin, I made an appointment for her with the vet and it tip urns out she has an infection underneath and around her vulva, she'd been biting at it and it had started to ulcer (now looking much better). The vet gave her a shot of antibiotics and 16 days worth of clavaseptin tablets and fucidin cream which I've been applying twice a day.

She also gave us some cans of prescription canned dog food to settle her tum as she hadn't been eating. She's been eating that with no problem but today is the day for going back on dry and she's just not eating it. Would you advise that I just leave her with it for a while and that she's likely to eat it when she's hungry, I really didn't want to feed her canned food.

Any advice re this would be much appreciated.

Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 10:07 AM
I notice she has a collar on. My dog wouldn't eat with hers on, I removed it at feeding time or hand fed her.
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-06-2013, 10:32 AM
That collar looks a bit big, she may not be able to get her mouth to her food, either take her collar off when feeding her or raise her dish.
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-06-2013, 11:33 AM
Thanks for your replies, I think the collar looks bigger due to the way she is lying in the photo - she's been able to eat the tinned food with no problem and is able to pick up treats etc from the floor when she drops them.

As I type this I can hear her now munching on the kibble for the first time today, so hopefully she will eat it all - I daren't go into the conservatory and look for fear she'll stop eating and just come to me as I go in. I'll keep you posted!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 11:41 AM
Can certainly play up a bit, with all the added attention. Worthy of an academy award sometimes know how good it feels to see them eat when they're poorly though, shows your on the path to recovery! Wish her well(((hugs)))
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Bless her little heart! Glad she is on the mend but I would certainly remove that collar for her to enjoy her food.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Bless her little heart! Glad she is on the mend but I would certainly remove that collar for her to enjoy her food.
And to enjoy a poop too!!Don't know about Tangle but Lacey sure as hell wasn't going to do any biz with that thing attached to her or having an audience either Got the message to take it off and then back off!!!!
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-06-2013, 12:12 PM
She'd only ate a couple of pieces, I'll do as you advise and take it off and try her with her food again, I'm just really scared she'll start biting at herself. Thanks
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by cacoll View Post
She'd only ate a couple of pieces, I'll do as you advise and take it off and try her with her food again, I'm just really scared she'll start biting at herself. Thanks
Just watch out for her. My guess is that she only caved in and ate some because she was so hungry but that the collar of shame is inhibiting her. After all they cannot see what's coming up behind them with it on.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Just watch out for her. My guess is that she only caved in and ate some because she was so hungry but that the collar of shame is inhibiting her. After all they cannot see what's coming up behind them with it on.
Totally agree.I fed mine by hand that way she was right next to me and I could prevent her doing any damage
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »