View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 05:46 PM
the aussy stock saddles could be ok for him, they are kinda like the westerns but more shape I would love to try one,,,,
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 07:23 PM
think im going to find myself somewhere that teaches in a western type - snd going to borrow a treeless saddle i think lol
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
think im going to find myself somewhere that teaches in a western type - snd going to borrow a treeless saddle i think lol
Western riding is dead easy IF you've never ridden english style !!!

If you have been taught in English style, it's really frustrating to ride western as it teaches you basically the opposites of what you've been taught before and it's very hard to get out of habits you didn't even know you had !

I struggled with the 'one hand thing' and 'not' kicking the horse on and always keeping my legs off and steering with a light tap with the reins on the neck !!!

I found myself concentrating too hard, to try and not fall into old habits of english riding by grabbing the reins with both hands or changing hands !!

It's very cool, but can be frustrating
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 08:08 PM
yeah - well im bringing him back into work slowly - but tbh if i plonked a saddle on his back and took him out backing i know he wouldnt bat an eyelid

i just fancy an armchair to sit in - which is what its described as lol!!!

i just cant ride bareback on a tb with no stirrups etc.... cos its sodding hurts!!!!

Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 09:24 PM
ooooh I wouldnt say they are that nice to sit in, I hated mine, I would rather have my barnsby any day,,or a decent dressage saddle, they just seem far more comfy than that old hard slab of a western saddle,,
I take it you dont have a saddle at the moment,, if your intrested in the black one {bought for the youngster molly but dont fit,} I can let you have it for pennies just pm me if your intrested, x
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2008, 01:16 PM
update,, was going to bid onn a bareback pad and a western saddle on ebay

well - i was in robinsons today and i crumbled........

i bought a bareback pad from them in stead

http://www.robinsons-uk.com/products...yword=bareback

£17.00 + £13.00 for the sturrup leathers

im well and truely skint now!!!!!

its something ive wanted for ages though so.....

seee how it goes, was going to ask my dad to go halves on a cheap saddle for my b'day (july) but i would much rather hve a jacket with my name on - n tuscans name cos im so proudof him
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-05-2008, 05:44 PM
ooo what a shame your soo far away I have a lovely western saddle and bridle,blankets and whatnots,(technical talk that was),have not been used in donkeys,or on donkeys to be honest,but you could have borrowed them to see if you would like western,
Wendy
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2008, 12:19 PM
oh flippin heck!!! i always live too far away

i actually love my bacreback pad= but im just bothered to amke sure it fits him ok!!

wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-05-2008, 12:37 PM
I think I could possibly kill a horse with my fat bum at the mo,but if theres anyone this end coming close to you,and they fancy picking it up,you would be more than wellcome to get some use out of it
Wendy
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2008, 12:57 PM

thanks wendy

do you have a horse?
ive actually missed riding - cant believe i actually rode my lad on my own on grass - i honestly thoguht hed bomb - being an ex-raceron grass - but he was amasxing !
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2