View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Just read this after seeing his pic of him all bandaged up. I am so sorry to hear what's happened Sheree, what a terrible ordeal for you all, I do hope gorgeous Henry heals quickly and doesn't lose trusts in dogs because of this.

Thank heavens Clive stopped it attacking further. What a totally irresponsible owner she was allowing it off lead, knowing that it is not to be trusted with other dogs

Once you recover from all this, I'd report the incident to the police, make a complaint about her.

Massive hugs to you, Clive and Henry. Healing vibes and best wishes sent your way xxxx
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Sending huge hugs to your special boy, hopefully he will bounce back hun.

I
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 06:31 PM
just read this sheree hope he Henry is better today..

what a **** the woman is.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 06:39 PM
OMG Sheree, I've just seen this and the pictures of poor Henry. So sorry this has happened to your gorgeous boy. That woman wants throttling!
Shani
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Good luck {{{hugs}}} hope recovery is swift.

I know you said you don't want to report her, but if this has happend before ("he only attacks dogs on lead") Then it would be wise to do the deed. The next time might be a tiny dog or pup the dog goes for (little more than a mouth-full) or maybe someone less able than your fella will try & protect their dog, resulting in the person getting savaged.

I wouldn't go round to the womans, she might get the wrong idea & call the cops on you as soon as she sees you.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 07:21 PM
I'm so sorry, I hope Henry recovers quickly and it has no lasting effects on him. I really do wish people would control their dogs
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Thank you everyone

I tried to ring her again but it went onto answerphone again so Clive stayed here with my boy whilst I went to the house to drop the vets bill off.

Her husband answered, he asked how Henry was and that his wife had told him what had happened. He said that he wished she would take notice as this wasn't the first time the dog had attacked, apparently sometimes he is fine and other times he attacks for no reason. He told me they are considering "getting rid" of him. The dog came out to me and it was smaller than I remembered and older, probably about 8ish and he looked a bit like a yorkie crossed with a poodle.

Anyway, I gave the chap the bill which had my address and phone number on, Clive is the one out of pocket so he has said to give them until Monday to contact us about payment and then take it further.

I have to say though that the chap was very nice to me and did seem concerned about Henry, but maybe that concern and me being told the dog was going to be got rid of was a ploy to weaken me into not taking it further, who knows?

Henry has spent all evening asleep on my lap, Clive hand fed him some chicken nuggets as that was all we had in that was lightish, he ate them with gusto, he had a small drink of water and has just been out to the toilet, just across the road to the grass as the vet said not to exercise him tonight.

He just had a little game with his new moo cow that Clive bought for him before we went to collect him...big softie that he is

Thanks again for all the good vibes, they are much appreciated xx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 08:30 PM
I have just read all this, and hope that Henry makes a very speedy recovery from this horrible incident. I also hope that the people concerned follow through with their promise to pay the vet bill, although it will be small comfort considering what has happened to your poor dog.

I am giving him a virtual cuddle as I write this. You must need one too.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I have just read all this, and hope that Henry makes a very speedy recovery from this horrible incident. I also hope that the people concerned follow through with their promise to pay the vet bill, although it will be small comfort considering what has happened to your poor dog.

I am giving him a virtual cuddle as I write this. You must need one too.
Awww thank you so much xxx.

I feel a bit of a fool as I just go to pieces over anything, but this was such a violent attack for no reason, the dog just approached us with nothing in mind other than to attack Henry, who did nothing to retaliate, just screamed in pain.

I got the vets to phone her to confirm she was going to pay so that, if I go to the police, they have it on record that she confirmed she would, not sure if that will hold up but did think she would be hard to get hold of when the time came to pay, and my vets required payment when we collected him.

Fortunately, I have spoken to Henrys insurance company, who he has only been with for about 3 weeks and they have confirmed he is covered, with a £75 excess, so at least we will get some of it back if she doesn't cough up.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 08:49 PM
What a horrible experience for you and poor Henry. It's heartbreaking when your dog is minding it's own business and some little s..... t comes up and invides his space and then attacks. I hope he gets over the experience both physically and mentally. Hugs to you too, I would have been in pieces.
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »