View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2010, 04:31 PM
Think the woman deserves a box round the ears Don't know if rescue remedy and calendula cream would help any, check with your vet though. I hope things sort out soon and Henry is feeling better, hug from here too x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Awww,Poor boy,he has put up with so much,hasn't he.

I don't blame you not wanting to wait for the insurance,
why should you anyway!It's not your fault,she can pay you then the insurance can pay her.
She has the cheek of the devil

More gentle cuddles for Henry and Hugs for you xxx
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Oh Sheree - sending you a huge hug - what a nightmare this woman is being unreasonable - fancy coming with the money dangling it and then leaving!

I can not believe she is trying to pass the blame and not take responsibility - I'm gobsmacked at her attitude totally!

Ears are a nightmare aren't they esp. on setters - bet both you and Henry looking fed up totally - sending lots of healing thoughts to the wee lad x
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I'm sorry this is all dragging on for you and henry. I bet that woman would'nt want things dragged out if the boot was on the other foot.
She may be going to compensate you for the vets bills but what about all the anguish and trauma you and Henry have had to go through, that is probably the worst bit of all and you won't get a penny for that, instead even now she is causing yet more grief as if you havn't had enough to contend with.
I feel really angry for you.
(((hugs))) to you both.
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Totally agree, it is all the stress that you have all been through and poor Henry , bless his little heart and his sore ears.xx
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Think the woman deserves a box round the ears Don't know if rescue remedy and calendula cream would help any, check with your vet though. I hope things sort out soon and Henry is feeling better, hug from here too x
Thank you so much everyone, I feel so very helpless, I think that is what gets to me so much, to see him constantly itching and his little face is so sad when I stop him from doing it, he really isn't very comfortable, although I don't think the actual wound is troubling him too much.

Another sleepness night prevails as I daren't go upstairs and leave him to it, if he gets the bandages off he will eat them, he's a bit of a rascal for that sort of thing, and if he starts the ear bleeding again we will be back to square one, so it's worth the effort really, I just feel so tired and emotional and it's all this womans fault

Thanks for the tip re rescue remedy and calendula cream, I haven't tried anything but will definately ok it with the vet on Monday, although I have everything crossed that, by some miracle, the ear will heal over the weekend and he can finally have the bandages removed once and for all.

All your support is very much appreciated xx
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2010, 07:49 AM
Sheree, I have just read your updates and my gob is absolutely smacked!!

How the hell does she think she has the right to come into your home and act superior, question the veterinary treatment and make out YOU have upset HER? OMG - I can't believe it. This woman is totally unreal!!!

I couldn't agree with you more about not waiting for her insurance to cough up, why should you? As you say, you have had to pay for this already, through no fault of your own. You've had the stress and anxiety on top of it all, not to mention how upsetting and distressing it must have been to witness your dog being attacked and subsequently seeing him go through all this pain

What a piece of work she is. If she came across like that again, I would tell her straight that you find her attitude appalling. She has no rights in this whatsoever, perhaps a reminder that she is in breach of the DDA - that should give her the perspective she needs (and she can't get away with making out it was an isolated incident as her hubby admitted it wasn't). Mention the police to her...you should see an attitude adjustment then!

It will be interesting to hear how she reacts when you tell her about the Champ show fees! Supercilious cow.

Hope Henry gets better soon, hugs from here sent his way xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2010, 09:15 AM
I'm sorry, I've just read this. How awful for all of you. Poor Henry, I hope he feels better really soon.

As for this woman - how utterly irresponsible and selfish - it sounds as though she is trying to leave it as long as possible - perhaps hoping that her insurance will take over, if not get out of paying altogether! You stick to your guns. If her dog is aggressive towards other dogs (as he clearly is), he should have been under strict control - end of! That was her responsibility as his owner and had he been under control, this would not have happened.

I hope things get sorted out soon. That's a lot of money for you to be shelling out.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Sheree, I have just read your updates and my gob is absolutely smacked!!

How the hell does she think she has the right to come into your home and act superior, question the veterinary treatment and make out YOU have upset HER? OMG - I can't believe it. This woman is totally unreal!!!

I couldn't agree with you more about not waiting for her insurance to cough up, why should you? As you say, you have had to pay for this already, through no fault of your own. You've had the stress and anxiety on top of it all, not to mention how upsetting and distressing it must have been to witness your dog being attacked and subsequently seeing him go through all this pain

What a piece of work she is. If she came across like that again, I would tell her straight that you find her attitude appalling. She has no rights in this whatsoever, perhaps a reminder that she is in breach of the DDA - that should give her the perspective she needs (and she can't get away with making out it was an isolated incident as her hubby admitted it wasn't). Mention the police to her...you should see an attitude adjustment then!

It will be interesting to hear how she reacts when you tell her about the Champ show fees! Supercilious cow.

Hope Henry gets better soon, hugs from here sent his way xx
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I'm sorry, I've just read this. How awful for all of you. Poor Henry, I hope he feels better really soon.

As for this woman - how utterly irresponsible and selfish - it sounds as though she is trying to leave it as long as possible - perhaps hoping that her insurance will take over, if not get out of paying altogether! You stick to your guns. If her dog is aggressive towards other dogs (as he clearly is), he should have been under strict control - end of! That was her responsibility as his owner and had he been under control, this would not have happened.

I hope things get sorted out soon. That's a lot of money for you to be shelling out.
Thanks very much ladies...Henry is very happy in himself, he's just bugged by the bandages but is back at the vets in the morning so, fingers crossed, he will be healed and he can have the dressings removed and not replaced xx

The latest news is that the woman phoned me yesterday and said that her insurance company has agreed to pay the vets directly and us anything we have already paid out. I told her that I would need to ok that with my vets as they usually require payment up front and then the insurance money comes to us. I tried ringing them yesterday but the person I need to check with isn't in until Monday so we have to wait until then. I don't mind dealing with her insurance company if they are going to make an immediate payment, if not then I have told her I will be coming after her and she can sort it out with them. I have to admit she was a bit more sympathetic yesterday and asked after Henry, but she has done her dash as far as I'm concerned, I'm afraid first impressions go a long way in my book

This evening I had a call from the local community support officer, (I think thats what they are called - the people that work alongside the police). She was lovely, apologised for the delay, my contact who I sent the email to is away and my message had gone all around the houses. She asked how the boy was and said that it was a shocking case of events. They will arrange to visit this woman armed with a letter referring to the DDA, she said that the DDA is actually aimed at dogs attacking humans but there is, apparently, a clause relating to dangerous dogs in public places. She told me that once this warning has been served if the woman continues to walk her dog without controlling him, i.e. lead/muzzle or both, depending on what the letter states, then the dog will be taken away from her and possibly destroyed, (I don't want it to get to that stage but I cannot be responsible for her if she doesn't heed the warning). They have agreed to hold off serving this warning until I let the CSO know that we have received the money owed for his treatment etc. She also advised that, if it isn't forthcoming, I can sue her through the small claims court and they will give me as crime reference to back it up.

My main worry is to get my baby boy through this, as I said, he is happy enough but I want him to be able to have roly polys if he wants to without fear of his bandages becoming loose and falling off, he has been restricted in so many ways it will be lovely to let him relax again.

I'm also pleased that the police take these things seriously but are not going in like bulls in a china shop, she fully understood why I have held back from asking them to take action, we have paid out so much that we need to try to get some of it back and I think that this woman will not pay anything if she finds out we have reported her.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Still here thinking of Henry and you {{{Hugs}}}

Hope this stupid woman pays up, and soon x
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Thinking of you and 'huggy' Henry too, hope things are sorting out x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Still here thinking of Henry and you {{{Hugs}}}

Hope this stupid woman pays up, and soon x
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Thinking of you and 'huggy' Henry too, hope things are sorting out x
Thanks Ladies xx

Henry is coming on in leaps and bounds, his ear is looking really good, just the scab to come off now and it will be great, he still has an ear infection deep down so has to continue with his drops and anti-inflammatory meds for the time being, he goes back on Monday morning for, hopefully, his last check up.

I had to email scanned copies of everything we are claiming for to her insurance company...I did that on Monday afternoon, if I haven't heard anything by Friday I will call them, not that I expect them to pay so quickly but I want to know if there are going to be any problems. If so, I shall claim on Henry's insurance, set the police in motion with the woman and sue her privately for costs and damages.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2010, 05:15 PM
OMG i'm just catching up with all this. Poor Henry and poor you, paying the vet fees doesn't make up for all the trouble and heartache! What a foul person trying to make out you are making her feel bad - she should feel bad its all her fault!

Give Henry a gentle squeeze from me x
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 9 10 11 12