View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 12:10 PM

Henry is having an emergency operation....

...to repair his ear that has been shredded by a nasty dog that was offlead and ran over and attacked him.

Please can you send him some special dogsey vibes?

It was my fault as this dog only attacks dogs that are on leads

Fortunately Clive was with me and managed to get the womans details, I went to pieces trying to hold his ear together and stem the blood flow. The dog came in for another go but Clive curtailed it with his foot, the woman then picked it up, it was about beagle size with wirey hair, a crossbreed of some description and quite cute to look at.

Clive ran home and brought the car round so we could get straight to the vets, they took us straight through and admitted him.

We gave the womans details to the vets and they have just phoned me to confirm that she has agreed to pay the bill, which will be in the region of £200.

That is the least of my worries, my darling boy who loves everybody and everything has been attacked just because this woman was too lazy to control a dog that she knows will attack..what right does she have to walk through the woods with a dog like that, in the knowledge that she is bound to meet other dogs, without taking any precautions?

I'm in pieces worrying about my boy and whether he is going to come out of the anaethsetic, and what effect it will have on him, I also feel sick to the bottom of my stomach that it could so easily have been a child that was walking their dog and have this happen.

Obviously we won't be attending his first championship show tomorrow, I don't know how long it will take him to recover
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Oh that is awful, nearly brought me to tears so cannot imagine how you are feeling.

I hope the operation goes well ... sending positive vibes from me and my furries.

Please let us know how he gets on, thinking of you.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by Manyana13 View Post
Oh that is awful, nearly brought me to tears so cannot imagine how you are feeling.

I hope the operation goes well ... sending positive vibes from me and my furries.

Please let us know how he gets on, thinking of you.
Thank you so much, I can't stop crying, I expect it's the shock
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Oh Sheree,
I am so sorry to hear about Henry,

Sending loads of hugs your way, and loads of gentle cuddles to Henry xxxxxx
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 01:15 PM
Oh darling Sheree x

Poor wee Henry - sending lots of setter zen to him x

I hate people who do not control their bloody dogs that are known attackers - why hasn't she got a muzzle on him!!!

Sending you a big hug from me - get a cuppa and try not to worry hun x x

Thinking of you and your wee baby x
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2010, 01:17 PM
sending loads of healing vibes!!!!!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Oh Sheree, how awful for you and poor Henry

Sending you all big hugs...and a well done to Clive for fending off the dog and for getting Henry to the vet so quickly.

Stumpy managed to shred Hoki's ear last year (no stitches as there wasn't enough to stitch together )so I know how badly they bleed and what a state they look - but Hoki's ear healed fine and I hope that Henry's will too. xx
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 01:43 PM
HOw is this YOUR fault???

DOn't be so silly..this is HER fault for not controlling her dog! If her dog attacks dogs on lead then it should be on a lead ALL the time to be kept away from other dogs..

THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT!!

Best wishes to henry and I hope he heals quickly..
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Oh, no, that's really awful.

What's happening now? Will he be in the vets tonight or will they let him home today?

Hope you've managed to calm down a bit, when my dog was attacked we thought my dad was going to have a heart attack so I can understand how upset and shocked you are.
gsdgirl:-)
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Oh my god i'm so sorry to hear this, poor gentle boy

Its disgusting the way that people can twist it so easily to make it seem like its not their fault but it was her fault NOT yours

Sending loads of loves and gentle hugs for Henry xxx
And i hope you feel better once hes all stitched and home xxx
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »