View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2007, 02:05 PM

I have my plasma tv back - thanks Toshiba!

We have brill plasma tv, a whopper, that suddenly went kaputt just before christmas! Screen was just showing splats of colour like fireworks. Typically it was just out of its 2 year extended warranty (didn't get a reminder to renew grr) so I rang Hughes who we bought it from.
An engineer came out and said it was software problem so needed fixing, so off it went. They bought me another huge tv to replace it whilst away, which I thought was nice of them.

Imagine my shock when I found out the part that needs replacing would be £2,393.75!!!!!!!!!
I immediately was writing letters to Watchdog in my head! It was only just over 2 years old. I know it cost £3500 new, but you can buy them now for about £1400 or less.

Anyway, the people at Hughes were brill, they contacted Toshiba, as did I and they said they'd give me the part for free. Hughes even waived the labour charge, so I just had to pay for the original call out.

(Mind you this was after I had told them warranty or not the expected lifespan for ANY electrical aplliance is agreed throughtout the trade as 5 years minimum, and that I had been on trading standards website for information )

.... and now its home.

I'm so pleased, I love my tv!