Our sister sites
salukismitten
New Member!
Female 

11-01-2006, 06:40 PM

Stunning Saluki x Greyhound: Jack

Crossposted with permission.

Meet Jack,

Jack is a 3 1/2 year old Saluki x Greyhound. He is male, castrated, microchipped, and all his vaccinations are up to date. He is good with children, and is learning to cope with cats. More work would need to be done here, but he is showing promise. He is fine with other dogs, including small dogs.

He is in superb condition and his previous owner raced him in fun type races. He has been returned to the rescue after six months because he has gone for sheep. He is very keen with sheep, and would need to go to a home where he could be let off lead with no sheep around. Alternatively, he would need to go to someone with the skill and patience to train him.

He is currently staying with me and my other two hounds, another saluki x grey and a saluki in a foster situation.

In the house he is friendly, placid, and is house trained.

He has a really lovely nature - very gentle and affectionate - typical of this cross. Their power when running is awesome though, and they need plenty of exercise.

If you are interested in Jack, either PM me with your contact details, or contact High Peak Dog Rescue, Sparrowpit, Derbyshire, directly on: 01298 815931 and ask for Elizabeth, or (mobile) 07961 629897 and ask for Barbara or Drew.

This lad is in super condition and will be a great hound for someone. He's had a minor setback - let's get him into a new home before he is institutionalised and it becomes a major setback.

Cheers,
Andrew.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2006, 06:48 PM
He's gorgeous - someone will surely snap him up!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2006, 06:52 PM
wow stunning..... he will be homed soon for sure
Janie_B
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-01-2006, 09:54 PM
He is beautiful! My daughter has fallen in love with him.
salukismitten
New Member!
Female 

11-01-2006, 10:55 PM
A couple more photographs of Jack taken last night, with my two other hounds, chilling out on our bed. (I don't know how they got there - we don't usually let them - honest! ) Jack is the one in the collar btw...

I also had Jack running free with my own Saluki x Grey this morning. He was brilliant, and very glad of the exercise, no doubt.

He is a very strong, very powerful runner. His recall is also excellent - he turns on the proverbial sixpence, even when in mid run. He walks well on a lead too.

He is a very placid dog, and great with other hounds. But I didn't need to tell you that - you've seen the pictures! lol.gif

I need to find this lad a home quickly now. If you know anybody who might be interested - or know anybody who you think might know somebody who might be interested - please send them a link to this page and ask them to contact either me by pm - or the rescue directly on the number at the top of this thread.

Thanks everybody,

Andrew.
salukismitten
New Member!
Female 

13-01-2006, 01:08 PM
Had Jack running free again today, but this time with Gydion, my saluki x grey, and Cassie, my little salukibitch. No problems at all, they had a brilliant time! Smile And so did I!

Jack and Cassie running together.

Jack and Gydion cooling off in the river after an absolute blast. Jack is on the right, and it took me ages to train Gydion to pose like that. Is there a gurning category in Agility? I think we could be onto something here...

And finally all three of them psyching each other out to see who is going to make the break first - then the chase is on! Jack is the one with his tongue hanging out, btw...

None of the running ones came out today unfortunately, with my camera is was all a bit of a blur.

I don't want to tempt fate, but things are looking very hopeful for Jack. Somebody is going to meet him on Saturday, so fingers crossed. Smile And he has a waiting list.

He really, genuinely is a great hound. I am going to seriously miss him...
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2006, 01:13 PM
awww he's beautiful - I think you should keep him
Jack'sAway
New Member!
Male 

14-01-2006, 06:01 PM
I was the person looking after Jack and I'd just like to let everybody know that Jack has gone to his new, permanent home today.

Thanks.
Andrew.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2006, 06:11 PM
Thanks so much for letting us know the fantastic news.
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2006, 07:22 PM
So happy for Jack.... he looks like a great dog I hope he'll be very happy in his new home
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >