View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rock Chick
New Member!
Female 

29-12-2013, 07:00 PM

Misty's food - is home cooking a good choice?

I tried giving her wet dog food - she wouldn't eat it. I tried giving her dry food - she wouldn't eat it. I heard from her last owner that she mainly lived on human food. I was against this. But I have had to give in to a certain extent.

I buy frozen minced beef and frozen minced pork and frozen veg. I bang it in the microwave for 2-3 minutes till it's cooked through, put it on the window sill to cool down and then give it to her. I mixed cooked rice in it today too. She's definitely enjoying her dinners now. She has more energy since I've started feeding her this way.

Is it ok to feed her this way? Every dog I've owned in the past has had wet or dry dog food. I've never had a dog that has refused to eat dog food before.
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-12-2013, 11:20 AM
It's perfectly alright to feed Misty the way you are now doing. My Tibbie Chloe refused to eat either tinned or dried dog food from the first day I had her at six weeks old. Both she and my other dog have been fed "home cooked" for the past four years. They also get pork liver, tongue and heart, chicken, chicken livers and gizzards, sardines or mackerel, cottage cheese mixed with whatever veggies are in season along with a dollop of natural yoghourt.