View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 05:15 PM
Both of mine get little bits of banana when I have one. Bryan likes satsuma pieces. They both like apple and carrot too
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Tonks loves bananas, they are one of her favourite food!
SamRottLabb
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by hades View Post
My boy loves his bananas... and mango....carrots etc

Some things you should steer clear from are
Grapes and Raisins
Onions
Chocolate, Coffee ,caffeine,
Macadamia Nuts and Walnuts
Parts of tomato plant and green tomatoes
Hope this helps

I have also heard to steer clear of raw potatoes - something to do with the starch....... they are ok once cooked as the starch is cooked out of them.

But mine love banana's in fact it was only the other day the fruit bowl was raided and they ate the banana's after peeling them!!! How they peeled them so neatly i'l never know!!!
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-01-2009, 06:26 AM
Bananas, tomato and avocado make me sick, like really, really ill... and these are all my favourites... I wouldn't hesitate to give Ben a banana every now and then, though.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Mine adore bananas and I usually give them to them once a day after a walk along with a bone. I leave the peel on, what they do is squash them with their paw and then open them up and eat the inside, leaving the skin for the 'help' (me) to clear up. They also have whole carrots to chew on sometimes as well. They cannot digest these so they go straight through and you get little bits of carrot in their poo Mine are raw fed and I puree the left over cauli, broccoli (both complete with stalk and leaves) carrot, apple, any other left over fruit along with a tin of tomato and then freeze it in little yogurt pots, then when I need one just take it out of the freezer and they have a desertspoonful with every. (raw) meal. When there are blackberries on the bushes they go blackberrying which is really funny to see
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-01-2009, 05:34 PM
yep..but introduce them slowly..allerges,some dogs can get this with bananas,and many other human foods.look it up some dogs live there life eating chocolate,mine can tolerate grapes,there is an additive in some sugarless gum that will kill a 60 lbs dog in 20 mins.....and vedgies un cooked do dont properly digest...same as bananas,all mine love them and get them often as a treat,one nana for three big dogs......one of my dogs is allergic to corn and all corn products...the signs are ...itchy feet and ears that break out and look red ,the ears will smell also,poor coat and lathargic are signs iv noticed...sorry for rambling on GOT BANANAS?LOL....phil
Dilkara
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-01-2009, 06:54 PM
I break up the dried banana you can get as a health food snack and use them as clicker training treats, he loves them.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Marius absolutely adores bannanas (and other fruit too) - he will literally beg for it if he sees you eating one!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2