Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2011, 07:32 PM

Dogsey Calendar 2013

Hey everyone,

Last year we ran a calendar competition where Dogsey members entered their dogs to feature in a 2011 calendar. The response was brilliant and I for one have enjoyed looking at all the gorgeous doggies over the last 12 months.

For those who didn't take part or were unaware of the process basically every month we opened a thread where you could submit photo's of your dog(s) that preferably related to that month i.e snow shots in January, beach shots in August! At the end of the month we opened a voting poll and the top three dogs featured in the calendar for that month.

In addition we asked Dogsey members to nominate charities for the proceeds to go to and we then put those to vote and we ended up raising £266 for Doglost which was a fantastic effort.

This was all run by myself and Pidge but due to various commitments last year we took a year's break from it. Sadly Em has decided she can't commit to it this year either which means I need a new Calendar Buddy!!

So if you would like to be considered to join me in creating the 2013 Dogsey Calendar then please PM with your reason's why you want to help and any relevant credentials!!

It is worth bearing in mind that you will need to be able to commit a bit of time each month usually start and end of each month to opening new entry threads, opening voting polls, announcing winners.

You will also need to be able to commit some time towards the end of the year usually end of October/November to collate all the images and compile into Calendar format for printing. You may also need to collect money from members as they make their payments however if you are not comfortable doing this it is not a problem as last year it all went through my Paypal account and I'm happy to do the same this year. Also depending on what we choose for printing options this year you may be required to dispatch the calendars.

In addition it would be brilliant if you had any kind of design/photo-editting knowledge. Last year we were lucky enough to have Pidge's husband who helped out a lot with the design and to have that again this year would be fab as it helps keep printing/design costs down meaning more money goes to charity!

So if you think you have what it takes get that PM sent to me with the closing date being the end of this Sunday (11th). I will then make a decision early next week and announce my new calendar buddy so we can discuss and make plans before I go away on the 19th.

If you have any questions please either ask in this thread or PM me and i'd be more than happy to try and answer them for you.

To everyone else if you have any suggestions for the next calendar whether it be on design, entries or voting then please reply in this thread as all suggestions are welcome!

Thanks for reading!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Just a little bump incase anyone has missed this!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2011, 09:45 PM
I'll bump this again, I wish I could but I don't know how busy I will be in the coming year, but I will be submitting photos - don't worry about that
Azz
Administrator
Male 

07-12-2011, 11:45 PM
Hi Esme, I'll help with all the graphical stuff so you don't have to worry about getting anyone with any photoshop skills.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 08:00 AM
*bump* I've only just seen this...
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 08:44 AM
Can't commit to anything regular but if you do need any extra help with photos/design later in the year please let me know
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Hi Esme, I'll help with all the graphical stuff so you don't have to worry about getting anyone with any photoshop skills.
Cheers Azz, much appreciated!!

Originally Posted by wallaroo View Post
Can't commit to anything regular but if you do need any extra help with photos/design later in the year please let me know
Thanks will bear that in mind!!
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 10:52 PM
I am happy to help Will PM you.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Also worth mentioning that if you are selected to help then you are still permitted to enter your own dogs for the calendar providing you don't vote for them when the poll opens!!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Last few hours to apply!!