Male 

20-09-2005, 12:45 PM
www.dietfreedom.co.uk
Lost 5lbs 1st week.
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2005, 12:53 PM
Swimming is great as well cause it also means that you tone up and you increase your flexibility. Appart from being a great way to lose those extra pounds. Good luck and post to lets up know how you get on or if you need a bit of encouragement.

sarah xxxxx
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Gems.... I know everyone says eat loads of fruit but you want to watch yourself.... fruit is very sugary better to eat veg IMO

my sister and mum stopped eating wheat... no bread or anything. They have both lost a lot of weight. I suppose I'm not the best person to give advice as I don't diet, but they seemed to do well on that
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by tuti
Gems.... I know everyone says eat loads of fruit but you want to watch yourself.... fruit is very sugary better to eat veg IMO

my sister and mum stopped eating wheat... no bread or anything. They have both lost a lot of weight. I suppose I'm not the best person to give advice as I don't diet, but they seemed to do well on that
Very true! Did you know a banana contains 200 calories!!! I would just stick to Apples mainly if you want to eat a lot of fruit, the rest just eat occasionally!
I think if you eat right and exercise you should loose about 2 lbs a week, the best thing is it'll be more likely to stay off if you do it this way!

Goodluck Gems! x
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2005, 02:08 PM
I wanted to tone up a bit, and we have bought a skipping rope (a proper exercise one, with small weighed ends), and also one of those exercise trampolines!
They are both really fun to do - I go on the trampoline to music!
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2005, 04:58 PM
Thanks everyone for the tips and advice!
Ive lost a pound in 2 days so far
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

23-09-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by Gems
Ive lost a pound in 2 days so far
I'll bet it's in the sofa, or the floor of the car. I've found loads of change in my car! :smt037
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2005, 11:56 AM
Squash burns up absolutely loads.
Running, skipping and spinning are excellent too. Walking and swimming are great for low impact. Try to do stuff you enjoy so that you will want to do it.

I'd say cut down on bread but the odd slice of wholemeal or granary is okay - remember you do need healthy carbohydrates if you want to avoid fatigue and have the energy to exercise as they end up as glycogen which is stored in the muscles.
Replace sweets with a piece of fruit
Replace drinks with water or low cal drinks if you can't stand water. Cut down on alcohol. This is my biggest downfall . I should think the odd cup of tea is okay with skimmed or semi-skimmed milk.
Cut down on fat and cut out saturated fat.
Cut out sugar, cakes, biscuits etc. or limit to once a week (not all at once )
Eat lots of veggies - a salad with every meal can help fill you up so you don't eat too much other stuff. If you must have salad dressing, try lemon juice and herbs or some of the low fat vinaigrettes.
Don't eat fried stuff, although a stir-fry using a small amount of, say, extra virgin olive oil is pretty healthy, but you can fry in water try those oil sprays.
Porridge is a really healthy meal.

I would still allow the occasional treat, say the odd glass of wine or something.

Slow weightloss is best as you eat a bit more so you don't feel deprived and dream about cakes so it's easier to keep it up. You could lose 1 - 2 lb a week over six weeks, which is considered a healthy weight loss and your body doesn't suffer a dramatic decrease over a short time.

It takes 3500 calories to make a pound of fat but remember we all have different metabolisms. Regular exercise and not starving yourself should help keep your metabolism up.

Muscle can weigh more than fat but is more compact, so you look smaller and more toned.

Good luck!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-09-2005, 12:37 PM
This is unheard of - me on a diet thread!

I decided to lose a bit, to take a bit of strain off my creaking (literally) arthritic hips, so I cut down on the homebrew and things like crisps (I was an addict!) and I managed to get rid of 3 stone in 3 months. And it's still going down, not so fast now, but doctor is happy!

Snorri
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2005, 12:45 PM
Wow! Well done Snorri. :smt041 :smt041 :smt041
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >