Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2005, 02:45 PM
Hi Nat

aww sorry to hear your news.
When you say you can't stay in the house is it because you couldn't manage the mortgage payments on your own? The DSS would help with your mortgage payment just the same as they would with rent.You should go and see your Mortgage provider as well, see what they advise. I work in a Building Society and in a situation like this we would be very understanding and flexible. It sounds like it would be much easier to stay in your own home than try and move kids and animals
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2005, 03:34 PM
thanks all

hi Lucky Star, my ex OH is on a low wage and i know there is no way he could pay the morgage and rent for him self.

thanks CC i will look into that

and thanks Het
i was thinking about asking them about helping with morgage payments but i thought they no longer done that, and OH is going to be phone the bank soon to see what they say

thanks all
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2005, 03:37 PM
Hi there Nat, sorry to hear your news. If moving from the house is because of repaying the mortgage I would definately talk to CAB and the council.

A friend of mine thought she would have to move from her home when she split with her other half and then lost her job (had 2 children and 2 dogs) but when she talked it over with the council they agreed to take over the mortgage because it was cheaper than to pay rent on a different house!

Good luck
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2005, 04:50 PM
Sorry to hear this news Nat, you have got some good advice on here, so I hope you get something sorted out soon. Don't sit back and wait, get things moving before it all gets on top of you with all the additional worries, make a start tomorrow by making some phone calls hey? You will feel so much better once you have been in contact with people who can help you on this. All the very best.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Thinking of you, we are all here for you!
Hope everything works out!
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2005, 10:31 PM
thanks Ashlady it would be cheaper for them to pay my mortgage then rent on a new house so i will look in to that

and thanks every 1 else i know you lot would know what to do
thanks for all the pm's
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2005, 06:16 AM
Ouch Nat Had no idea and I´m sorry to hear that
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2