View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-07-2005, 02:25 PM
When i need to escape,i go for a walk with doggie along a very little used (or known about) route which eventually takes me to a small village near where i work.It meanders round fields,over ditches with small footbridges,woods and despite living round here all my life-i have only ever encountered one other dog walker.

Very very peaceful!
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2005, 04:39 PM
I dont often feel the need to escape to be honest, but on the odd occassion in the past I have either taken the dogs off on a long walk(love it when its pouring down and nobody about) or get a real good book, park my bum on the big soft sofa in conservatory, with nice cup of tea and put a lovely quilt over me with fresh covers on it, tell the family to stay in the other room and leave me be, and just totally chill out

Mo
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2005, 08:04 PM
Read a book, write one, walk the dog, sleep.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by mo
I dont often feel the need to escape to be honest, but on the odd occassion in the past I have either taken the dogs off on a long walk(love it when its pouring down and nobody about) or get a real good book, park my bum on the big soft sofa in conservatory, with nice cup of tea and put a lovely quilt over me with fresh covers on it, tell the family to stay in the other room and leave me be, and just totally chill out

Mo
Have to say I have really loved the rain we've had up North recently! Just for walking the dogs obviously!
Woody seems to love swimming in the rain when it's warmer, he just comes alive! Plus I was sooo sick of walking them in the heat! And like you said there's no one around, which I love!

Really hope we've got some nice weather ahead of us though, sick of the rain now!
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-07-2005, 11:15 PM
I go for a drive and avoid speed cameras

Graeme
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2005, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by Graeme
I go for a drive and avoid speed cameras

Graeme
That's why i love it up here, we have no GATSOs!
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by Moli
I go across the fields, there's a huge white stone I sit on and watch the world go by....There is never anyone else around, apart from cows...Lovely and peaceful..I make all my desicions there...

Sounds absolutley blissful.
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 10:11 PM
I go out for a long walk with Jake into the woods and get a far away from humans as I can give me a dog anyday
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-08-2005, 10:26 PM
Here Here Laura
Vix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2005, 07:37 PM
I go out walking with Khera. Rain is good coz noone wants to come and you don't meet many people. Or i get on my bike....i find any kind of exercise is good to take you away from it all. Also if i'm home and OH isn't there i do yoga.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >