Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by chinaowner
as soon as you give in she has won just dont let her do anything until she does as you say...YOU are the boss!!!

I know it just doesn't feel like it sometimes
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 11:37 AM
imagine you are training a dog...i know it sounds terrible but its similar. she has to learn or there will always be a struggle...my mum mastered the glare but if we were really bad she would smack the back of my legs...only needed it once then the glare sufficed
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by Jenny
dont give in. but then, i have never worn a dress in my life, well, maybe when i was tiny. I think u should perhaps let her wear wot she feels comfy in. if she wants to sweat in trousers then so be it :Shock:

Yes I have done this up until now thinking that she will come round and decide its silly to be hot in long trousers but she is just so damn stubborn its unbelieveable
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 11:42 AM
Dont give her the option, your the adult, she is the child
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by chinaowner
imagine you are training a dog...i know it sounds terrible but its similar. she has to learn or there will always be a struggle...my mum mastered the glare but if we were really bad she would smack the back of my legs...only needed it once then the glare sufficed

Yes my mum used to give us a good smack if we didn't do what we were told and it didn't do us any harm They didn't have to reason and put us on naughty steps then, it was a few good smacks and it was all over with
I think the last time I smacked her legs was in Tesco and she was being an absolute brat and sitting on the shelves and running round the aisles, after much reasoning and asking nicely I decided a smack was the only answer so when we got to the checkout and she still wouldn't behave I smacked her legs and hey presto, a few tears and a well behaved child from then on
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

08-06-2005, 11:45 AM
Aww poor thing (sorry got images of a big bad 'Foxy' type foxy lady telling little tincee wincee girl off only joking! )

Seriously tho.. have you tried to ask her what it is that she likes so much about trousers?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by Gems
Dont give her the option, your the adult, she is the child

Now that sounds easy Gems, but believe me its not, wait till you have kids you will realise its not as easy as it sounds
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by eRaze
Aww poor thing (sorry got images of a big bad 'Foxy' type foxy lady telling little tincee wincee girl off only joking! )

Seriously tho.. have you tried to ask her what it is that she likes so much about trousers?

Well eRaze I have just asked her why she likes trousers so much and the answer was "Because I do, I just like them"

Oi you less of the 'Big' foxy lady
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Now that sounds easy Gems, but believe me its not, wait till you have kids you will realise its not as easy as it sounds
sorry foxy that was a silly thing to say..
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Yes my mum used to give us a good smack if we didn't do what we were told and it didn't do us any harm They didn't have to reason and put us on naughty steps then, it was a few good smacks and it was all over with
I think the last time I smacked her legs was in Tesco and she was being an absolute brat and sitting on the shelves and running round the aisles, after much reasoning and asking nicely I decided a smack was the only answer so when we got to the checkout and she still wouldn't behave I smacked her legs and hey presto, a few tears and a well behaved child from then on

Too many people are scared of a giving quick smack these days. I know when i have kids i will. Its not the same as child abuse but some people still think its wrong...
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >