Our sister sites
kirstya72
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
Dogs for me.. but...

Now 'owning' children, that's different

If I could take my time, check out the breed lines, choose a breed type that suited me, take a few out for walks, meet them at a discover children stand maybe at a child show... Then when I felt I had the time and lifestyle to suit a child, contact a reputable breeder, or look at a rescue centre....

But on the whole, I currently can't afford the time, insurance, or exercise, discipline and training demands of a child...
Love it!!
littlewolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2010, 02:27 PM
I don't even have to think about it- children.

I have 2 already and desperate for another, as much as I love my doggie there really is no contest.
littlewolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
all of you that have said children did you always want children? ive always said for as long as i can remember that i dont want children. i dont particularly like them, and they really annoy me. having one of my own would be a nightmare i dont mind small little babies, but i also like to hand them back to the parents when they need changing or whatever.

but my dog, i love her, ive already said to the OH that if he ever made me pick between me or the dog it would be the dog. shes my life and since ive had her my life has changed so much. i suppose kids do the same thing, but id rather have a dog
Ouch sore one for your other half! I can also say i'd rather have my husband than my doggie too.
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2010, 02:33 PM
It was a joke about "owning" the children honest.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2010, 02:34 PM
I didn't choose dogs over children but I do have dogs and no kids.

There was a time when neither fitted in with the life I wanted to lead - working and playing hard - and I didn't miss having dogs or kids. However, as my circumstances changed, I missed having a dog, but I never ever got broody for a child.

Its not that I don't like children - quite the opposite, I love playing with my nieces and nephews when I see them, but I'm also equally pleased to hand them back.

Its a shame you can't have grandchildren without the children first - I'd be happy being a grandmother
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
Ouch sore one for your other half! I can also say i'd rather have my husband than my doggie too.
haha no he would say the same. i mean we love each other a hell of a lot and would do anything for each other, but a dog gives you unconditional love, no matter what mood or state you are in... plus my dog doesnt sit for hours on the ps3 pretending hes a soldier
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I didn't choose dogs over children but I do have dogs and no kids.

There was a time when neither fitted in with the life I wanted to lead - working and playing hard - and I didn't miss having dogs or kids. However, as my circumstances changed, I missed having a dog, but I never ever got broody for a child.

Its not that I don't like children - quite the opposite, I love playing with my nieces and nephews when I see them, but I'm also equally pleased to hand them back.

Its a shame you can't have grandchildren without the children first - I'd be happy being a grandmother
im the same i like kids when i can hand them back
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2010, 02:52 PM
I love my dogs dearly, but if I had to choose, i'd choose children, no contest. Nothing in this world compares to the love you have for your children, it's something else. Little girl next plz.
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
nope thats cheating
Children then. give me 3 yrs
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2010, 03:18 PM
As much as I have loved my dogs with my whole heart, it's children for me. When they put that little miracle in your arms, it's pretty close to heaven......of course they do grow up to be teen agers but that too will pass then they get married and give you wonderful grandchildren.

Glad we have a few that said children, I was getting a little worried about the depletion of the human race there for a minute.
Page 3 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »