View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Miranda Luck
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Thanks for adding your review. It really is useful to the shelters/rescues.

One shelter manager contacted me to say they are going to monitor their stars & thumbs up and cakes will be served in the staffroom to staff and volunteers for good marks!!!
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Miranda Luck View Post
Oh! It does offer this via the directory search. Do you mean an option to find all the rescues that have been reviewed local to you?

Nice idea but I'm not sure I have the know-how to make it work . I will have a think about it!

Thank you for feedback!
Pretty much yeah - especially for people kind of like me who are between 2 cities with another couple in decent reach - some kind of postcode search by a selection of radiuses (so 5 miles... 10 miles... etc) would probably throw up a few that we didn't know about!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
Pretty much yeah - especially for people kind of like me who are between 2 cities with another couple in decent reach - some kind of postcode search by a selection of radiuses (so 5 miles... 10 miles... etc) would probably throw up a few that we didn't know about!
I searched reviews for the South West and got up all the centres for this area.
Alternatively search for centres in the directory, it throws up centres up to 175 mile ( in increments) radius of your postcode, then you can find their reviews.
Miranda Luck
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-03-2011, 06:20 PM
I know you can go:

'Read Reviews' (via the heading at the top)

Then - 'Search by location' and it lists the various regions.

Click on whichever region you are in (or prepared to travel to) and it will show any Rescues that have been reviewed.

Does that work for you?
boxergoggins
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Fantastic site...have left a feedback...hope it becomes a great site as can be very useful for those intending to go to a rescue centre...
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-03-2011, 07:56 PM
never heard of this website before.
as it been designed in consultation with any rescues, or the ADCH, for example?

not too sure im comfortable with the idea of a website for reviewing rescues like its ebay or something.

seems open to abuse to me

youd be surprised how many people complain about rescues just because they get turned down for good reasons

also, who is miranda luck and what is her credentials for doing this?

i have quite a long back ground in rescue and im not aware of her or this site.
Miranda Luck
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-03-2011, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by boxergoggins View Post
Fantastic site...have left a feedback...hope it becomes a great site as can be very useful for those intending to go to a rescue centre...
Very many thanks!
Miranda Luck
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-03-2011, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
never heard of this website before.
as it been designed in consultation with any rescues, or the ADCH, for example?

not too sure im comfortable with the idea of a website for reviewing rescues like its ebay or something.

seems open to abuse to me

youd be surprised how many people complain about rescues just because they get turned down for good reasons

also, who is miranda luck and what is her credentials for doing this?

i have quite a long back ground in rescue and im not aware of her or this site.
Although the project was trialed last year, the site only went 'LIVE' three weeks ago so still has some time to go until it becomes as well known as Dogsey!

Yes indeed! Meetings and discussions were held with national and independent rescues/shelter orgs over the last 12 months to ensure that Rescue Review would meet the aims of both the general public and the rescue/rehomers themselves. 'Starter packs' were given out at the ADCH conference last week so that shelters can encourage reviews to be written. Sorry if you were there and I didn't chat!

No animals are being sold or auctioned on Rescue Review but 'easy to use' search facilities will help people to find a recommended rescue/rehoming (or trainer). All reviews are verified prior to posting (there is more detail about this on the site).

I'm PM'ing you my resume! Thank you for your questions and thoughts about Rescue Review!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 12:01 PM
A few questions please

1. Is this self-regulating?
I mean - does anyone check the shelter? Or the veracity of the reviews?

2. What happens when shelters are below a reasonable standard? Are you whistle-blowers? Does anyone take it further?

3. Do you charge Rescues?

thankyou.
Miranda Luck
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
A few questions please

1. Is this self-regulating?
I mean - does anyone check the shelter? Or the veracity of the reviews?

2. What happens when shelters are below a reasonable standard? Are you whistle-blowers? Does anyone take it further?

3. Do you charge Rescues?

thankyou.
Reviews are the personal opinions (in regard to an individuals visit or adoption at a shelter, foster, rescue organisation etc) on the animals and their care, the shelter or rehoming organisation, rehoming agents and the adoption process. This is an unregulated field so no one is 'checking' shelters.
All Rescue Reviews however, are read and verified by me personally. I have a number of systems in place to check authenticity etc. This is a robust system which has identified a small number of fraudulent reviews (including one from a Trustee!!!).

What is a reasonable standard? That's a very big question! Rescue Review can provide individual organisations with the data based on the personal opinions of their adopters/visitors. The organisation may deem their standards reasonable if they rank equal to or above the national ranking? They may wish to be the top ranking organisation in the UK? I'm really hoping that if organisations identify that they are falling short in any area, that they will use high rating contacts on the site, ideas mentioned in reviews (and eventually I would like to include a 'professionals page' sharing 'best practice' etc) to implement improvements - therefore raising standards in rescue/rehoming.

There is no charge for this information.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >