View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Ours are fairly similar sized and play fairly evenly, but we do step in if the one that barks goes on for too long or one is constantly down and may start to whimper if fed up with it, we will distract them to something else, also if the running around like loonies hanging off each other goes on for too long!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2011, 06:03 PM
When it comes to my lot playing with other dogs then they can handle themselves. They are old enough and wise enough now to sort out a young whipper snapper who's being too boisterous. They wouldnt allow themselves to be gotten the better of anyway (i.e they would never roll around on the floor in play or put themselves in a position where they were vulnerable with strange dogs).

Jed just gives them a "dont try it sonny" calm but authorative look, Jessie will let loose a bit of fury if they get too big for their boots (like she did with the poor gsp x weim at the Dogsey walk) and Flynn dont let them near him in the first place!

Amongst themselves I have to call time. It's not very often Jed is allowed to play with toys etc because Flynn puts pay to that but he's always been a dog who likes to wrestle and play fight. When he's playing with Flynn he gets a bit carried away and his bite inhibition isnt so good so I call time as soon as I see Flynn getting annoyed or as soon as I see Jed getting too excited because thats when a squabble can arise.

However, it's not often they play fight, they certainly dont do it in the house and they will only play when i'm with them.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2