Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 07:57 AM
Sending positive thoughts for Breagh.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 08:00 AM
I'm so pleased she got through the op, I kept thinking about her in the night. When Alfie had his bloat I was very fortunate in that he got to the vets before the stomach actually twisted therefore none of his internal organs were damaged. He did have his stomach stitched to the sides in order to, hopefully, prevent it happening again. He was in the vets for a week, on a drip but didn't pick up again until I got him home, I think he was pining for me whilst he was in the vets. Just be prepared for lots of wires and lines when you go to visit and she will look really poorly, she may be too ill to even wag her tail at you, but Alfie is living proof that they can get over this awful thing. I would say that it took about a week for him to really bounce back, when he went to have his stitches out after 10 days they were amazed at how well he was. Breagh is so young to have succumbed to this that she must have a fighting chance. The very fact that you acted so quickly will have helped her chances enormously.
I'll be thinking of you all and hope its good news when you phone the vets this morning.
Sheree x
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 08:02 AM
Oh Phil, so sorry to hear about your trauma with Breagh.
So glad the operation went well and hope the vet has some more good news for you when you phone this morning.
Sending healing thoughts and hugs to the dear girl.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 08:03 AM
So sorry to hear what poor Breagh has gone through but sending positive thoughts your way
Becky
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 08:10 AM
so glad everything went well with the op Phil! Was thinking of her last night I am so so pleased! Hope she had a comfortable night and that she is feeling a little brighter this morning. keep us posted on her progress xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I've to call back 10:30 ish today so fingers crossed.
Good grief! They do like to keep you waiting, don't they? You must be pacing by now, Phil xox
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 08:14 AM
Poor Breagh hope she is feeling better this morning. I bet you have had a dreadful night thinking about her. Hope you get some good news later. Positive thoughts coming your way.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 08:16 AM
Just caught up with this thread - Hope all is well and that Breagh has had a comfortable night. Good wishes from us here x
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 08:21 AM
Only just caught up with this news Phil

I'm so sorry to hear that little Breagh has been so poorly, I have everything crossed that you get more positive news when you ring at 10.30.

Louie sends lots of healing doggie snogs & I'm sending you all lots of positive thoughts, cyber ciggies & hugs xxxx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 08:31 AM
Just read the rest of the thread Poor Breagh. I am so pleased she got through the op and will send all my positive thoughts to her for a speedy recovery. Bloat did cross my mind when I read her symptoms last night but was hoping it wasn't.

Two dogs I know had a torsion - a GSD and an Italian Spinone. Both survived and are now again living normal lives. Fingers crossed for the most positive outcome for your little girl.
Page 8 of 24 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 > Last »