Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by Zuba View Post
Where did you here that? Cause it says microwaves use more or less the same amount of energy as a conventional oven wikipedia
i got the info from go zero energy facts
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-10-2006, 03:56 PM
I've asked my "Science Correspondent". I'll let you know as soon as he gets back to me. If he doesn't know then erm....
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by lillybet View Post
i got the info from go zero energy facts
For small items maybe but not for cooking sunday dinner
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 03:59 PM
From Go Zero Energy Facts:

If you have one, use a microwave for cooking small items. Microwaves use less electricity than electric or gas ovens and don't require pre-heating. For example, an electric oven typically costs about £16 per year to run, whilst a microwave costs £6.40.

So yep, for small items!
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by GSDLover View Post
I've asked my "Science Correspondent". I'll let you know as soon as he gets back to me. If he doesn't know then erm....
thanx. as i said i don't really no alot about it. was just thinking
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Actually I have found that page quite misleading on a few counts, £6.40 is definately not the cost for cooking all your meals in a microwave everyday for one year. I could assure you if it was good advice I would have taken it and would chuck out my cooker but its not, and thats without debating the consequences of living out of your microwave would have on your health! I try to go green as much as possible and actually hate microwaves, 40% of the energy they use is wasted
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Zuba View Post
Actually I have found that page quite misleading on a few counts, £6.40 is definately not the cost for cooking all your meals in a microwave everyday for one year. I could assure you if it was good advice I would have taken it and would chuck out my cooker but its not, and thats without debating the consequences of living out of your microwave would have on your health! I try to go green as much as possible and actually hate microwaves, 40% of the energy they use is wasted
i didn't no that. but i was only asking if it could work and if so why is it not used. i don't even have a microwave. but i did think it could be used to heat water. is gas ont bad 4 the planet?
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by lillybet View Post
i didn't no that. but i was only asking if it could work and if so why is it not used. i don't even have a microwave. but i did think it could be used to heat water. is gas ont bad 4 the planet?
Gas is not bad for the planet it is naturally occurring. Electricity is more hazzardous to the planet via the ways in which we produce it. Sorry I can fill you in on loads of interesting facts if you like I am terrible at getting on my high horse about saving the planet I am actually studying property development in a bid to change the face of the earth with sustainable developments You know its the little things that make a big difference, I will start another thread for you with a few facts about it. Saves going off topic in here
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-10-2006, 05:14 PM
It would be a good idea to use microwaves to heat the water, but, I don't fancy having a nuclear reactor in every house! Because basically that's what you would have.

Ian
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by Hoggett View Post
It would be a good idea to use microwaves to heat the water, but, I don't fancy having a nuclear reactor in every house! Because basically that's what you would have.

Ian
good point
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >