Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2006, 04:49 PM

Carrot puree a hit

With the baby. It was her first spoonful ever of 'solid' food and she loved it! No trouble with the spoon at all.

And I made it myself too and have frozen loads in cubes in the freezer - sooo proud! . Oh dear, I sound so sad, don't I????
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-10-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
With the baby. It was her first spoonful ever of 'solid' food and she loved it! No trouble with the spoon at all.

And I made it myself too and have frozen loads in cubes in the freezer - sooo proud! . Oh dear, I sound so sad, don't I????
No you don;t sound sad at all you sound like a proud mum! Well done to Carys for trying her first bit of "proper food" now the real fun starts!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by franc1987 View Post
No you don;t sound sad at all you sound like a proud mum! Well done to Carys for trying her first bit of "proper food" now the real fun starts!!
Yeah orange spit-up!
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2006, 08:56 PM
lol brings back memories - although i soon gave up on freezing into ice cubes, and 'dolloped' instead.
broccoli and chicken puree was a firm favourite with my littlies.
just wait til some smart*rse teaches carys to blow raspberries with a mouthful of puree
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2006, 08:58 PM
awwww she's growing up!!!! Bless her.
M'laddo loved carrot puree and broccoli and butternut squash (which was his absolute fav!!!!!)
Awwww...memories. Brill.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2006, 09:18 PM
i home cooked all food when mine were weaning they wouldn't even look at a jar i used to steam veg and gravy and home made rice pudding all in yogurt pots then frozen ...aww those were the day LOL
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Aw recipes - thanks guys - any more VERY welcome.

I looked at a butternut squash this afternoon but it was soooooooo big I decided against it.

Embarrassing confession - I did get a parsnip but I burned it while boiling it .
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2006, 09:25 PM
My son never liked the parsnip boiled, seems to have a funny texture...so maybe it was fate LS?!!!!!!
The iside of the butternut squash isn't that big once you get the skin off (tough job) and seeds out...he loved it! I reckon is she likes the carrot she'll like the squash!!!!! Bless...it's great this bit, finding out what they like and don't!!!!!!!! Her personlaity is being to come through...awwww..lovely!
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-10-2006, 09:34 PM
This reminds me of the time my friends baby tried strawberries for the first time (when she got some teeth) her face was a picture all screwed up and not sure what to make of it.

Its fun for you both as you work out what she does and doesnt like, but butternut squash is yummy xxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2006, 09:36 PM
Aw thanks Ailsa - I'll get one then!

Must admit I was hoping to put this off (don't want her to grow up at all ) but she kind of dictated it. I'm going to take it really slowly though and only do tasters of relatively inoccuous things. I think she's starting to have teething troubles too as she's normally such a happy soul but she's been really miserable today. Loki didn't even notice his baby teeth falling out.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >