Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2006, 04:17 PM

Chicken off - Asda were great!!

Earlier this afternoon, I took a pack of chicken breast out of the fridge to start making a korma. I opened the packat, oh my god the smell was disgusting!:smt078

I checked the use by date - tomorrow. In the car and back to Asda, me and the boys feeling a bit quesy.

Customers services said to go and pick out some more chicken, AND refunded me too!

Most places would just do a replacement OR refund I think, not both!!!
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2006, 04:36 PM
A few months ago, we bought a packet of ginger nuts at asdas... As my son started to stuff them... he pulled something out his mouth, a metal staple... there were 9 in all. We phoned their helpline as it was late and the girl was horrified. Returned pack to store the following day with the staples... they gave us a £15 voucher and promised a high priority letter would be sent to head office. A few weeks later received a letter from them saying they had heard about the incident.. but the staples were never received.. probably lost in the post. How convenient, i thought. Never heard any more. Just as well my son wasn`t physically injured.
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-10-2006, 04:44 PM
Hi Trish, I think it was the least they could do.

Just think if you, like me, had a useless sense of smell. You might have eaten it .:smt078

I am not a fan of supermarkets, their purchasing power or their manipulation of the market as you can probably tell (but I do use them as it is easier )
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2006, 05:17 PM
we took a loaf of bread back to safeway ages ago and got a £10 voucher and fresh bread
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2006, 07:58 PM
they should have refunded you your petrol too!