View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2012, 07:15 AM
Malka what a dreadful shock for you As you say there are good people out there and I expect they were in shock as well.

Run free little pup at The Bridge.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Oh Malka, what a shock that must have been for you *hugs*

RIP little one, run free.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2012, 10:27 AM
so sorry Malka, how horribly upsetting for you. Poor little soul. I know it's no good saying trying not to be too upset, I would be too. Just lately I find myself getting more and more upset about this interminable animal cruelty, it's hard to understand. At least these men had the decency to stop and deal with the pup so there is a kind of balance. Sending hugs to you. Gillx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-10-2012, 11:11 AM
I have just learned that the puppy was "acquired" about a week ago by a young-ish couple two doors away this side, not the side where the pup was hit . The third puppy they have had in the last year, kept outside with a little plastic kennel, and of course their front yard is "secure" - they put up some metal posts and strips of thin bamboo webbing across...

I sit here all day, my computer being my window to the outside world, and apart from when it rains in the winter my door is open most of the time so that Pereg can go out or just sit/lie down and watch whatever goes by. Normally not much, especially during the evening. Avner had closed the macolet earlier because of no customers so nothing was going on. And there is no through traffic at any time so never many vehicles about.

Dog screaming? My initial reaction was to check if Pereg is OK as Ram and I think that it was the dog attack which originally triggered her epilepsy a couple of weeks later. But Pereg was rushing out [she is, of course tethered], rushing in, rushing out again so of course I looked and there were these cars outside, so I grabbed my crutches to go see what was going on. Then plonked to the pavement when someone said something about hitting something.

I just did not want that puppy left to die alone. It was conscious and aware of the guy sitting on the pavement stroking its head and there were these guys just sort of what shall we do - not youngsters, maybe mid thirties? So I said wait, call my Vet, came in got Pereg's card which is always by my computer in case of emergency for her, took it out and gave it to someone and said phone that number. Surgery had closed by then so the phone went through to Ram at home and apparently by the time he had gotten to the surgery and the guy was there with the pup, the pup had already passed away.

Poor little scrap, but I do not think it was in pain because the shock would have numbed that. But I have the consolation of knowing that he or she did not die alone.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3