View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ruthshaw9
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-05-2012, 05:56 PM
I'm glad you've given him a chance. he doesn't know any difference, he can't miss what he's never had. I hope he finds a lovely home.

The Kennel Club has very recently announced that after January 2013 they will no longer register puppies from merle to merle breedings.
http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/4303
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2012, 08:56 PM
See that's what I say about Dougal when people say 'what a shame' when I tell them he's deaf. I tell them he doesn't know he's deaf, so it makes no odds to him, he just thinks he's a dog.

I really hope this wee soul finds a forever home, the wee man deserves a chance like any other dog.
ruthshaw9
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-05-2012, 09:46 PM
I get the same lore, when I tell people that my dally is deaf. Most people don't realise until I tell them, and even people who know she's deaf forget and call her and then say, "oh, I forgot she's deaf" when she doesn't respond!

I think the pup will do well in the right home.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2012, 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by ruthshaw9 View Post
I'm glad you've given him a chance. he doesn't know any difference, he can't miss what he's never had. I hope he finds a lovely home.

The Kennel Club has very recently announced that after January 2013 they will no longer register puppies from merle to merle breedings.
http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/4303
OMG! YAYYYYY Hopefully the rest of the world will follow suit!!!
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Dylan and his siblings were all dumped on Many tears because they had eye problems Dylan was the totally blind one or meant to be we took him on thinking he was blind howver although something in his eyes isn't quite right he can see enough and is a typical beagle into mischief and nose on the go all the time. I would give this liitle mite a chance, as most dogs main sense used is smell so if he can do that he'll be fine xx
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2012, 11:46 PM
This is such a smart puppy. He's memorized his foster moms house and yard so much that you'd never know he was blind. He never bumps into anything and seems to know where he is going.

Would love some advise on things to look for and avoid in a new home. I've had an applicant from a woman who is 8 months pregnant. I told her absolutely not, that just sounds like a disaster to me, but what about older children? He gets on well with the other dogs in his house, should another companion dog be a requirement?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2012, 05:26 AM
What a smart pup

I think he would be great with another dog, if you were closer, Id be offering him a forever home, I think he is stunning
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2012, 07:41 AM
I'm going to answer you as best as I can on here, instead of PM, so other people can reference

Well behaved, older children should be fine, and infact, good for this pup. You'll want someone willing to put in the necessary time, learning how to train, and training him, or someone already experienced with deaf and/or blind dogs. He'll need positive only training (no Cesar wannabe's) as deaf and blind dogs need to trust people fully, and want to obey. He'll need someone willing to "think outside the box" and let him use his brain. I know someone training a deaf and blind GD for tracking.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2012, 08:34 AM
Here's a video I thought you all might like to see

muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2012, 03:23 AM
Thanks everyone for all your help and support. Bliss was adopted and went to his new home saturday. I'm really hopeful that this is a perfect match for Bliss, but of course if it doesn't work out, he can always come back to me. Young couple, she works from home, they have 2 other dogs that they train/compete in obedience and agility with. They are well connected to good minds in the training world in the area. Really hope it sticks! Thanks again for all your help!
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >