Our sister sites
Our sister sites
puddpudd
New Member!
Female 

09-03-2011, 08:43 PM

Zylkene

Hello
We have been suggested using Zylkene on our dog who does not travel well in car. He also is very nervous when out when he sees other dogs. Has anyone had experience of using this for their dog?
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by puddpudd View Post
Hello
We have been suggested using Zylkene on our dog who does not travel well in car. He also is very nervous when out when he sees other dogs. Has anyone had experience of using this for their dog?
I tried this with Fudge for her firework phobia.It did work but unfortunately it induced horrible vomiting so I stopped her taking it. I think was a rare reaction though from what others have said.
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 07:47 AM
I dont know about the nervousness with other dogs but for the car sickness, someone that stayed in my cottage last year had a Corgi that had had problems and they had used one of those anti static things that toutch the ground as you go along (sorry I dont know what they are called) they said the difference was instante and they had just driven 6 hours with him with no problems. So may be worth a try.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 10:34 AM
For car sickness try Ginger biscuits - it's a natural way of calming the stomach, both humans and dogs
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 10:42 AM
I used it for my lurcher Jenny with her separation anxiety. It worked really well. But I have used it for Guinness too recently as he suffers the same and it didn't work at all.
Tass
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
I tried this with Fudge for her firework phobia.It did work but unfortunately it induced horrible vomiting so I stopped her taking it. I think was a rare reaction though from what others have said.
Sometimes if you take it out of the gelatin capsule and sprinkle it on food that can prevent the vomiting, if their stomach doesn't get on with the capsule?